PDA

View Full Version : Moved Post?

Richard Venturelli
06-08-2008, 3:54 PM
What does that mean? Has it been moved to oblivion or taken off the forum all together? Just curious.

Jim O'Dell
06-08-2008, 4:22 PM
It usually means it was moved to a more appropriate forum. I had a slightly tongue in cheek post that didn't sound enough like a joke that I posted in the General Woodworking section that was moved to the Classified section. Totally understandable. I should have worded it differently, but still got some very good and useful information...exactly what I was looking for. Normally you can click on the subject and it will take you to the post albeit, in the other forum. Jim.

Richard Venturelli
06-08-2008, 4:33 PM
When I try to access the page this is what I get. It does not take me to where it's moved tol "You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

Don Abele
06-08-2008, 4:45 PM
Richard, in that case, it sounds like it was moved to the moderators forum for review and final disposition. There was probably something questionable in the post and the moderators need to review it and make a determination as to what to do (edit and move back to the public forums or completely censor it and keep it in the moderators forum).

Be well,

Doc

Ken Fitzgerald
06-08-2008, 4:47 PM
Richard,

Which thread are you talking about? There have been a couple of threads moved to the Moderators forum today because of the constant posting of political commentary/theory/subject matter.

If it's one of those threads, they are in the Moderator's forum to get opinions from other Moderators. If deteremined that it's too much work to keep editing the political comments, the thread will remain there. Often if one of the Mods feels something is wrong, we move it there and get other Mods opinion before taking any action.

For legal reasons (keeping evidence) threads are never deleted or "poofed' they are just moved to the Moderator's forum which keeps them out of public viewing.

Too many folks have been posting political statement while commenting on the recent gas threads. Discussion of politics and religion are against the Terms Of Service of SawMillCreek.

Richard Venturelli
06-08-2008, 4:48 PM
Thanks, I was wondering

Jim Sample
06-08-2008, 5:27 PM
The post of Ken's only tells the real cause of these high oil prices which is disabling this country. I went to the Lindsey Williams video and came back and it was gone.

Thanks

Jim Sample

Lee DeRaud
06-08-2008, 5:52 PM
There have been a couple of threads moved to the Moderators forum today because of the constant posting of political commentary/theory/subject matter.

If it's one of those threads, they are in the Moderator's forum to get opinions from other Moderators.There was also an instance this morning in one of the "gas threads", where a single post was moved/deleted/whatever after someone quoted a portion of it. I don't have enough hair left to handle the kind of head-scratching something like that causes. (Although for all I know the entire thread is gone now. :p)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-08-2008, 6:03 PM
The post of Ken's only tells the real cause of these high oil prices which is disabling this country. I went to the Lindsey Williams video and came back and it was gone.

Thanks

Jim Sample

Jim,

The subject of this thread is not the gas thread but why threads will sometimes be moved or edited.

The video you are referring to is definitely, inflammatory and therefore against the TOSs of SMC.