PDA

View Full Version : My son's band

Jim Andrew
06-08-2008, 9:10 AM
My son JD Andrew went to school to learn to be a recording engineer, and a couple years ago teamed up with Billy Bob Thornton to form a band called the Boxmasters. They will be on the CBS early show Tuesday June the 10th. And on the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson on June 19. You can check out their website Boxmasters.com There are also lots of Utube videos and other stuff if you just do a search of the Boxmasters. They are going on tour in July, August, and September. They will be playing at the Stiefel theater in Salina KS on Aug 26, so we will be there. Also the album is coming out June 10, and will be sold at Walmart. Jim

Pat Germain
06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, Jim! That is fantastic. My son is a musician and I know full well how difficult it is to find any measure of success in that world. Just putting out a CD is a major accomplishment. Getting on TV shows is light years beyond that.

I know my son would be thrilled if he was on The Early Show and the Late Show. And having a CD at Wal Mart is pretty much a guarantee of sales.

Phyllis Meyer
06-08-2008, 4:14 PM
Jim,

What great news! Please tell your son congratualtions! I come from a long list of musicians (that gift skipped me), and my daughter who at one point wanted to be in a band in the worst way. She got as far as the local fair with a local group and played the Star Spangled Banner (Hendrix-style) on her stratacaster at her graduation!

Our other daughter dated a young man that was in a band and we followed them for a long time and watched them win battle of the bands in various spots. It was so much fun!

Enjoy, and I will be watching the shows! Keep us updated on spots they will appear!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Jim Andrew
06-10-2008, 10:41 PM
CBS changed the day to Wednesday June 11. So you can watch them tomarrow! Hopefully Craig's show will still be the 19th, but if not check the next nite. Thanks Jim

Jim Andrew
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
www.cbsnews.com/earlyshow (http://www.cbsnews.com/earlyshow) This is a link to the early show that features the Boxmasters with Billy Bob Thornton this morning. Scroll down to 'videos' and you'll see Billy's image from 'poorhouse' click on it for segment that ran this morning. Jim

Clara Koss
06-12-2008, 12:28 PM
congrats!!!!! post a photo of son and band.....how great for you and your family....:D