PDA

View Full Version : Loft bed - Finished Photos

Jim Bills
04-13-2004, 12:40 PM
My first attempt at "furniture" for your collective critique. Thanks for your interest. I attached 3 more photos.

PeterTorresani
04-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Very nice.

Do you have a light underneath? It seems a little dark for school work

Tim Morton
04-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Much nicer than the one I made for my daughter using 2x6's and nail gun, and then painting it blue. Of course she got sick of it after about a year and a half.

aurelio alarcon
04-13-2004, 1:00 PM
Very nice job. A great space saver for a small room.

Jim Becker
04-13-2004, 1:44 PM
Very nice job on this handy arrangement. Frankly, I had a similar setup in college in the house I lived in. My room was very, very small and this was the only way to get the extra space needed for "living". IMHO, this is a great way to expand a child's room without adding on and most find it pretty "cool", too.

Howard Rosenberg
04-13-2004, 3:55 PM
Your son must love his very own "private spot" - in full view! Howard

Eric Naessens
04-13-2004, 4:03 PM
Looks very nice, Jim - the shelves over the desk really dress up the project. Just out of curiousity, how did you finish it?

Jim Bills
04-13-2004, 4:17 PM
There are two halogen lights built in between the bookcases. Plenty of light for homework. Apparently the flash on the photo obscured this feature.

Jim Bills
04-13-2004, 4:19 PM
Your son must love his very own "private spot" - in full view! Howard
I appreciate the reply, but the new owner is actually my 8 year old grandson.

Dick Parr
04-13-2004, 4:20 PM
Very Nice Jim!

Tyler Howell
04-13-2004, 4:30 PM
Much nicer than the one I made for my daughter using 2x6's and nail gun, and then painting it blue. Of course she got sick of it after about a year and a half.I did the dorm loft for my (engineering student) daughter. " Send me a plan. All you future designers of the world must have something in print" I wanted to do some prep in the shop before I travel six hours to put it together. Followed the instructions from the back of a CD box (No graft paper:confused: ) Get there lumber and tools in truck. Room size, shape, height, color and orientation all diferent than "the plan":( . No problem I've been working with engineers for 27 years. I can fix this." I rallied the world's future together. Hauled out the PC cordless circular, PC 1/2" cordless and the Milwaukee cordless Sawz-All. Turned out a nice loft with swing, storage, aux power and mood/task lighting.;) Pine 2x4 with carriage bolts. It's now a book shelf in her Apt.

Sorry Jim I get distracted. Great loft nice finish and details;)

Chris Padilla
04-13-2004, 4:31 PM
I like it...could we get a few more angles? :) We like pics! :D

Jason Tuinstra
04-13-2004, 5:40 PM
Jim, you got my son's attention. Great job, on the project that is. I'm sure your son loves it. Thanks for sharing. BTW, Chris is right, we like pics!!!

Lynn Sonier
04-13-2004, 6:05 PM
Congratulations - looks very nice. What's next, hummmmm?

Jim Ketron
04-13-2004, 6:40 PM
Looks Great! :)

Jim

Fred Voorhees
04-13-2004, 7:25 PM
Jim no kidding - nice piece and nice workstation. It should serve him well as he grows up.