PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw

Bernie Weishapl
06-06-2008, 8:17 PM
Well the little C-man made it in today so went and picked it up. It took about a half hour to get everything setup especially the table. The bearing guides are great and it is really quiet. My Timberwolf blades haven't got here yet but sawed up some scrap oak and walnut. Does a great job and when I got the fence setup then did some cutting. I cut a 14" long piece 3 inches wide. From one end to the other there was about a 1/64 of a inch difference. For turning that is close enough for me. I cut a bunch of pen blanks and so far am really happy with it and it performance.

Bruce Pennell
06-06-2008, 8:22 PM
Congrats on the new band saw Bernie. Enjoy...Bruce

Brian Weick
06-06-2008, 8:32 PM
Nice BS , must be band saw month ~ I am in the market this month as well~ congratulations Bernie, your going to love it!
Brian

Bob Hallowell
06-06-2008, 8:39 PM
Bernie congrads on the saw but isn't that a bigger griz in the backround?

Bob

Gary Lee
06-06-2008, 8:41 PM
There must have been a bandsaw moon phase or something.....?

Steve Schlumpf
06-06-2008, 9:08 PM
Bernie - congrats on your new bandsaw! I hope it does everything you need of it!

Barry Reade
06-06-2008, 9:34 PM
The BS looks great Bernie. I hope it does all you want it to.

Bernie Weishapl
06-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Bernie congrads on the saw but isn't that a bigger griz in the backround?

Bob

Yep Bob that is a big Griz in the background. It has a 3 tpi 1/2" blade and doesn't do well on small stuff especially acrylic pen blanks.

Thanks for the comments guys. I used it some more tonight and can't get over how much more quiet and smoother it is than the delta that bit the dust.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-07-2008, 1:02 AM
Congrats Bernie! I will probably get a smaller one too just so I can leave a smaller blade mounted on it and leave my MM-16 for larger stuff.

John Cooper2
06-07-2008, 2:11 AM
Bernie,

Been thinking of a smaller benchtop BS. Have a 27" monster that is almost put back to working order, but would like a smaller one for pen blanks and such.

What is the model number and how much?

would love to hear your impressions after a week or so of use.

thx
john

David Newson
06-07-2008, 3:13 AM
Nice size BS Bernie - I made the mistake selling a smaller one and replacing with a large Startrite 440R with re-saw capability, only to find its a bind keep swapping blades for smaller work I now wish I had kept the smaller one as well. - Happy Sawing and Keep Safe.