PDA

View Full Version : Look what fell into my shop recently

Fred Voorhees
06-06-2008, 7:44 PM
Well, it didn't fall....but it was delivered yesterday and today after work, with the help of two buddies, I got it moved up into the shop and I know what I'll be doing tomorrow - putting this baby together! Have been waiting for it for around two months or so as it has been backordered. After it is all together, I will be jumping right in on building my second outfeed table from plans from Jim Becker. I'm psyched!

Shawn Honeychurch
06-06-2008, 7:46 PM
Sounds like an awesome weekend for you.

Have fun. :D

Jim Becker
06-06-2008, 8:08 PM
Fred! You snuck that delivery by me! Congratulations!! The next chapter starts in Fred's shop....now!!

(Hey, consider building that outfeed table setup full width this time around...I might have done that had I not bought the slider)

Brian Weick
06-06-2008, 8:14 PM
Although that "Jet" won't get off the ground until you put those "wings" on her~ :D
Sweet Fred!
congratulations Fred!
Brian

Fred Voorhees
06-06-2008, 8:14 PM
Fred! You snuck that delivery by me! Congratulations!! The next chapter starts in Fred's shop....now!!

(Hey, consider building that outfeed table setup full width this time around...I might have done that had I not bought the slider)

I already have plans on building a full width outfeed by four feet out. Darned thing is going to be seven or eight feel wide!:eek:

Peter Quinn
06-06-2008, 8:39 PM
Good for you Fred! Nice Saw.

Bruce Page
06-06-2008, 8:47 PM
Fred, the table looks kinda on the small side...:D

Congrats, you're going to love that saw!

C Scott McDonald
06-06-2008, 10:20 PM
New toys errrrr Tools are always fun! Is that the Deluxe exacta everybody has been talking about so much lately?

Scott

Jim Becker
06-07-2008, 8:59 AM
Is that the Deluxe exacta everybody has been talking about so much lately?

Yes, Fred has been waiting months for his order to arrive...the machine was major over-sold and backordered from the get-go.

Fred Voorhees
06-07-2008, 1:50 PM
Yes, Fred has been waiting months for his order to arrive...the machine was major over-sold and backordered from the get-go.

Man, you got that right:mad: It was worth the wait, but it has been a long time to be basically out of the shop. Got it pretty much put together today and got the electric hooked up and made sent the maiden piece of wood through the new Woodworker II blade. Sweet. No time to post pics now as I am in a rush to get showered up for the trip out to the races tonight. Oh by the way James, I took a measurement and the outfeed table is going to be six and a half feet wide and I am running it out four feet from the outfeed side of the table. Pics to follow tomorrow of the progess so far. Tomorrow will basically be set up day with all of the alignments checked and set.

Jim Becker
06-07-2008, 2:53 PM
Fred, you were never without a shop you could use if you wanted or needed to... ;) But I am very glad the new baby is in place in your own shop! :)

Walt Caza
06-07-2008, 2:58 PM
Congratulations Fred!
Now you have your work cut out for you...
beauty cabinet saw.
Good luck getting her together,
Walt
:)

Steve Sawyer
06-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Congratulations, Fred. I too got caught in the Great Jet Deluxe XACTA Backorder storm of ought-eight. Took mine about six weeks to arrive, but I've been grinning like a thief for the past month. I never thought I'd ever have a saw this nice in my shop.

I added a router plate to the right table board (I only got the 30" model), added a Delta Uniguard I got for $200 from CPO, made two ZCI's from pheonlic, and am just about finished with the outfeed table (only 36" wide and 30" deep and collapsible.)

You're going to love it.

http://www.semiww.org/forum/download/file.php?id=170&t=1

Fred Voorhees
06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Although that "Jet" won't get off the ground until you put those "wings" on her~ :D
Sweet Fred!
congratulations Fred!
Brian

OK Brian, wings are attached.

Richard Venturelli
06-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Congratulations, Fred. I too got caught in the Great Jet Deluxe XACTA Backorder storm of ought-eight. Took mine about six weeks to arrive, but I've been grinning like a thief for the past month. I never thought I'd ever have a saw this nice in my shop.

I added a router plate to the right table board (I only got the 30" model), added a Delta Uniguard I got for $200 from CPO, made two ZCI's from pheonlic, and am just about finished with the outfeed table (only 36" wide and 30" deep and collapsible.)

You're going to love it.

http://www.semiww.org/forum/download/file.php?id=170&t=1

Love my Jet, but how do you keep the table so clean?

Pat Germain
06-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, great saws, guys. I think that riving knive was worth waiting for.

Steve Sawyer
06-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Love my Jet, but how do you keep the table so clean?

Hey, when you take your kid to the photographer's, you wash his face and comb his hair, right? :D

(It's a little dustier right now...:rolleyes:)

Terry Achey
06-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Happy days, Fred! How long did it take to set up? Probably took me about 4 to 5 hours, but I had stop every once in awhile and just to stare and smile :D

Guess I was lucky to avoid the waiting period because I found one in stock back in February. Congrats and take care.

Jim Becker
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I stopped by Fred's shop today on the way home from buying some "cheap" New Jersey gas ($3.95) and some trim lumber from a Home Depot on that side of the river. Fred was busy working on his outfeed setup and it's going to be darn nice...he seriously up-sized it from the original design, making it full width, etc.

I also got the chance to check out the new Jet deluxe and was very impressed. The riving knife system, blade shroud (for dust collection) and the handy drawer in the bottom of the cabinet were very nice features. The motor cover is also a much nicer design from the original Jet cabinet saw, too. Great machine!