PDA

View Full Version : You Are Crazy Dad! Long but Cute

Reed Wells
06-05-2008, 8:12 PM
Being a single parent, my fifteen year old daughter and I are very close. ( Her first jumper was set up in the shop ). We have a little game we play , where she will ask serious questions and I will give her outrageous and crazy answers. Example: "Dad, why don't you just cut all of them out of one board"? "Well Sarah, because I need four pieces and this is a four and a half piece board. That would be just crazy, just CRAZY"
So after I came in from the shop today I received this email from my daughter.
To my crazy father,
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels. The trouble makers.
The round pegs in square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent.
They imagine.
They heal.
They explore.
They create.
They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones,
We see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

She said she got this off the web. I am a surviver of the 60s and can only hope that in some way through the turmoil of the time I was able to bring the same joy to my parents, that my Sarah does to me.

Jim Becker
06-05-2008, 8:30 PM
Wow...amazing piece and wonderful that your daughter saw the insight within it. :)

Jim O'Dell
06-05-2008, 8:38 PM
I agree. WOW! I think you have a keeper there! Give her a hug and tell her you love her. Then she'll really think you're crazy! :D Jim.

Brad Schmid
06-06-2008, 2:58 PM
Wow, I hope someday my 6 and 9 yr olds have the same insight as your daughter! Right now they just roll their eye's when I answer their questions and then they go ask their mother:confused::confused::D

Greg Muller
06-06-2008, 4:38 PM
I think I got a little misty there...(sniff)

:cool:

Greg

Clara Koss
06-06-2008, 6:16 PM
my 25 year old son fits right into this poem...he is not a dad as yet so i took off the top line and sent him the rest...it was great of you to share it with us...

Dennis Peacock
06-07-2008, 7:22 PM
I agree. WOW! I think you have a keeper there! Give her a hug and tell her you love her. Then she'll really think you're crazy! :D Jim.

I concur AND agree!!!!!! +1