PDA

View Full Version : Angled dovetails on the new omnijig?

william Ku
06-05-2008, 6:03 PM
Is anyone aware of the procedures, accessories, setups, etc., required to make angled dovetails on the new omnijig?

According to the drawings in the patent application documents (available on the web—Patent 20070131305), the clamping bar on the front of the jig is removed and toggle-clamps are secured to the t-slots in the face of the jig. The face of the jig then pivots to whatever angle is required, and you use the toggle clamps to hold the workpiece in place.

While I see that the front of my Omnijig does in fact pivot, there is no reference to any such procedure in the manual that came with the jig, and there are obvious design changes from the original patent application.

I realize that there will undoubtedly be an advanced users guide in the near (or far) future like with other porter cable jigs, and that there will also be more accessories for this thing, but like always I want to jump ahead of the game—or am I just the only one who doesn’t know about this stuff? I just don’t know.

So, any help, suggestions, or ideas, would certainly be appreciated.

*By the way, there are some interesting drawings of possible mortise and tenon templates and other doodads and thingamajigs in the patent documents as well. I found it at freepatentsonline.com and downloaded the PDF to view the drawings.

Thanks