PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, new shop and tool gloat.

Charles Seehuetter Panama City
06-05-2008, 4:16 PM
I've been lurking here for several months and have replied to a few posts but thought it was about time I introduce myself and girlfriend to all you fine people. I'll try to make it not to long winded. My name is Chuck, I'm 58 years old and my girlfriends name is Char. (short for Charlene). We went to school together from 4th grade through high school in Hayward Wisconsin and then went our seperate ways. After two marriages for me and one for her we got back together two years ago. I spent 20+ years in the US Air Force, as a weapons mechanic and instructor. After retiring I opened a computer repair shop and just closed it two years ago. Char loves Crafts and woodworking as much as I do. We are in the process of building a workshop and recently found a heck of a deal on some tools, thus the new shop gloat and old tool gloat. You can see them all here as well as getting to know us better.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chuckinpc

Thanks for listening and I hope to get to know all of you over the years.

Chuck & Char

Dave Lessley
06-05-2008, 4:53 PM
Nice Shop and Cool Tools

Douglas Brummett
06-05-2008, 6:12 PM
Nice find. It is great that you can both enjoy the new workshop and tools.

Bruce Page
06-05-2008, 7:18 PM
Welcome to SMC Chuck. It looks like you have a nice gig going on in Panama City.
Great shop!

Jim Becker
06-05-2008, 8:53 PM
Welcome to SMC, Chuck AND Char!

Tim Byars
06-05-2008, 9:45 PM
Welcome...
I really enjoyed the pics of the shop construction. I'd love to do something like that someday.

Barry Reade
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Welcome! Nice shop, tools and partner.

Alan Turner
06-06-2008, 6:11 AM
Welcome to SMC. The bandsaw looks like a PM 141. If so, it is an excellent scroller. Nice score.

Harley Reasons
06-06-2008, 8:28 AM
Great pics of the house remodel and shop build. Also congrats on a great CL find. CL's is a well kept secret among the masses.

Mike SoRelle
06-06-2008, 8:56 AM
Welcome! to you both.

That was a great deal on the tools, good find and great way to get that new shop kickstarted.

Mike

Ben Cadotte
06-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Great haul on the tools. Nice shop building. And better late than never and the girl. :D:D

Congrats.

David G Baker
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Chuck & Char,
Welcome to SMC. Like everyone has said, great way to start up a shop and great partnership. Now, the thing I am jealous of is the great trips you have taken. You did a good job of hitting a lot of the high spots in the country and may have stimulated my tired old fanny to get in gear and do a cross country site seeing trip.
Thanks for sharing a window into your life.

Charles Seehuetter Panama City
06-06-2008, 2:06 PM
Many thanks to all of you for the nice comments. We are enjoying working on the shop and more pictures will be added as we go.

David, I hope everyone has an opertunity to see this beautiful country. This summer it's working on the shop but last summer we did a once in a life time trip around much of the country. Put over 11,200 miles on my old 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 truck. Yea I know 15 MPG is not good but we figured we had better do it before we got any older. We spent 2 1/2 months traveling. Eventually I may put some of the pics on the Picasa site but figured that would bore people to death.

After spending so much on the shop this year it may be awhile before we can go again:)

I'll try to keep the pics up to date as we progress on the shop for any of you who may be interested. We're now in the process of painting OSB. Not much fun.