PDA

View Full Version : They lost my Baby

Jonathan Harvey
06-05-2008, 3:17 PM
I ordered a Vicmarc VL300 last week and it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday from BC. It seems that the trucking company has lost my shipment.

Heres the kicker. I had requested a lift gate service because my house does not have a loading dock (go figure :) ) yesterday they tried to deliver it with a 60' transport truck because they did not read the invoice that said lift service needed.

So to sum things up My lathe was in my driveway yesterday in the back of the transport truck and now they have no idea where it is. I'm going to cry.

:eek:

jeremy levine
06-05-2008, 3:20 PM
Glad to see things work as well in Canada as the do in the US.

Brian Weick
06-05-2008, 3:23 PM
did you get the long bed or the short, 3hp?
Brian

Jonathan Harvey
06-05-2008, 3:54 PM
did you get the long bed or the short, 3hp?
Brian

Shortbed. I have an old beaver/rockwell if I need to do any spindle work which I rarely do.

curtis rosche
06-05-2008, 4:19 PM
claim they lost it and buy a even bigger lathe

Bruce Pennell
06-05-2008, 4:48 PM
Johnathan good luck, they lost mine and I had to track it down. Mine got delivered they day I tracked it down out of Tucson 42 miles away. They sent a lift truck and placed it in my shop, even though I have forklifts. I have to tell you it was worth the wait. I love my new PM 3520b. I am sure you will love your new lathe also. Sorry to hear you have to wait longer to get it....Bruce

Curt Harms
06-05-2008, 5:50 PM
Heres the kicker. I had requested a lift gate service because my house does not have a loading dock (go figure :) ) yesterday they tried to deliver it with a 60' transport truck because they did not read the invoice that said lift service needed.

I'm going to cry.

:eek:

I had precisely the same thing happen with the Jet J/P. The driver wasn't really familiar with the area but when he got in the area he figured out that townhouse communities typically don't have docks and forklifts and knew enough to call. It was just one more day of sweet anticipation.:)