PDA

View Full Version : Corel Speed Question

Pete Simmons
06-04-2008, 9:17 PM
Two things -

Recently upgraded to a Dual Core Pentium, 2 gig mem. So I have what should be an OK computer to run Corel X3.

1. When opening a Corel X3 file (small and simple or large and complex ) 2 green bars come on in the processing timer bar at bottom right and stall for a few seconds. After that stall it quickly loads.

I think this started after I was having trouble with the Arial font missing even when it looked like it was there.

2. When getting ready to mouse over to file print, if I go to slow over the Send to box I get a blinking hourglass for about 5 seconds while I wait to be able to click on print. It must be thinking about something with the send to but how can I stop it from doing it at all. I know sneak up on print with the mouse from another direction - I do not want to admit defeat and resort to that.

Any ideas???

Mike Null
06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
That's a whole lot more computer than I've been using for quite a while without problem.

While don't you try re-booting Corel while holding down the F8 key. This will reset the factory defaults. ( if you haven't saved your workspace you'll have to re-do it but it may solve your problem)

Do you have all the patches for X3 including the one for Font Navigator?