PDA

View Full Version : Red Trailer

Craig D Peltier
06-04-2008, 8:29 PM
Anyone own one of these, I was thinking about ordering myself this one
http://www.redtrailers.com/ShowTrailer.asp?id=9 with upgraded axle for another $290. So it can carry almost 1 ton. All in all with everyhitng its $1000
My current one is the type you have seen maybe in northern tool catalog or harbor freight. Its rated I think for 980lbs and has only 8 inch tires.Ive got my money out of it, I think it only cost me $200 brand new in a box.

One thing red trailer says is " whats the difference between yours and the trailers that look just like it for $50 less etc" They say its the tongue design.The one I have has the same style of tongue , it was originally bought from a store like target but called Fred Meyers out here for $279 unassembled with no floor or sides.

Im just looking for a good lumber hauler. Its and added benefit to me that it folds up so I dont have to put outside beside my house and build a fence so the HOA cant see it.

I find myself testing the limit on this trailer hauling 10 sheets and some hardwood at 70 down the freeway etc. Most recently I had a bearing go while hauling a 20 inch planer on it, bearings were greased. Planer was sitting right over the axle, that might of done it. It was the inside bearing.Might of binded and bowed the axle when hitting bumps etc.My beds 4x8.

Ben Glaser
06-07-2008, 9:27 AM
Craig,

I've got one. It's a 5x8 with the 13 inch wheel upgrade. It's very well thought out, well made, easy to assemble, etc. You can't go wrong with it for a folding trailer. If I didn't want a folding trailer for storage considerations I'd have gone with a typical "landscaper" type trailer of sufficient capacity. I put 3/4 pressure treated plywood on mine and D ring tie downs bolted through the floor and the outer frame rails. I would not hesitate to load it up with 2000 pounds and head out for a cross state trip.

Mitchell Andrus
06-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Get your order in fast. They are out of stock and likely to blow through the next delivery due July 15 pretty fast.

With the demise of the SUV, these little haulers are going to be very popular.

Bryan Rocker
06-07-2008, 5:55 PM
Agreed, for most of my married life, almost 23 years we have had a truck, currently a Ranger, with the extended drive times I am looking at we are in the hunt of a trailer too :)

Bryan