PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw Aftermarket Fence Choices

Clint Schlosser
06-04-2008, 2:38 PM
I have been looking around and not be very successful in finding aftermarket table saw fences. I have a Jet 10" saw JWTS-10 I think is the model. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive option (less than $200) It would be nice too if I could incorporate it with a bench I saw in shop notes to extend the rip capacity as well.

What options are there and what are the pro's and con's of each? Links and Pictures are appreciated!

Tom Henderson2
06-04-2008, 3:18 PM
Hi Clint-

I'm not familiar with the Jet product line, so can't comment on how the aftermarket fences compare to what Jet provided with your saw.

In the sub-$200 arena I think the Delta T2 is probably your best bet. It is a very nice fence for the money.

I recently decided to upgrade the fence on my old Sears saw, and bought the T2 from Lowes at ~$180. I like it a lot.

A Bies will run $400ish. The others (shop fox, vega, etc) are in between.

As in many things, you pay your money and take your choice! Fortunately, we have a number of good choices available.

Beware that if you go the T2 route you'll probably have to drill new holes in the fence rails and the edge of the cast iron saw top. Not a big deal, but it does take some carefull planning to make sure everything ends up right.

-Tom H.
Ventura, CA

Jim Heffner
06-04-2008, 3:22 PM
You are probably going to get a bunch of choices on this subject. There are a lot of fences out there, but most are pricey and the biggest difference separating them is a few minor features and price. You said under $200.00.....I would suggest and recommend the Delta T-2 30" fence and rails, it is the best $135.00 (that's what I paid for it) I have spent on my saw thus far. I have one installed on my primary saw, and it works exactly as it is suppost to do and I have NO complaints. Try it, you'll like it! Jim Heffner

Norman Pyles
06-04-2008, 7:25 PM
Another vote for the T-2. It locks straight and solid, best bang for your buck out there. You can look at one in person, if you go by the blue borg.

Eddie Darby
06-04-2008, 7:48 PM
It's hard to get one under $200, but this fence is worth the extra.

http://store.thesawshop.com/catalogue/default.php

scott spencer
06-04-2008, 7:54 PM
The T2 is a very good bang for the buck @ ~ $150. You might find a Vega fence on sale in the $200 range....excellent fence with an excellent microadjust feature....easy to install too.

Pat Germain
06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
My fence is very similar to the Red Line. I'm very happy with it. I have a Craftsman contractor saw. My options were limited.

http://www.mulecab.com/tablesaw.html

Nabil Abdo
06-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Hello all first post, shop pictures to come soon.

Just finished an install of a T2, lowes knocked 10% off (now $135 and hit it with a $10 off coup.)

I was itching to get rid of the stock Craftsman Fence.

It slides smooth, I have it down to .1 mm accuracy.

I did do some angle iron drilling and went slow.

I haven't seen anything else as reasonable for the money.

George Sanders
06-05-2008, 7:08 AM
Another vote for the Mulecab. I too have an old Craftsman contractor saw and this fence does all they say it will.