PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Bowl

steven carter
06-04-2008, 9:42 AM
This is my latest cherry bowl, it measures 10" x 3" and is finished with home brew oil and renaissance wax. It has been raining cats and dogs here in Indiana the last couple of days, and while getting in the car, the bowl got hit by some raindrops. Unlike the carnuba wax finish, it was no problem with the renaissance wax -- no spotting at all. The renaissance seems expensive, but it only takes a small amount. The $25 can will probably do hundreds of bowls - I am very happy with it compared to carnuba. Comments/critiques appreciated.

Steve

Steve Schlumpf
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Great looking cherry bowl Steve! Nice form and great color! I will have to keep the wax in mind - hate how any moisture can ruin the carnuba finish!

Bernie Weishapl
06-04-2008, 12:30 PM
The bowl is a beauty Steve. I to have gotten away from using Carnuba wax and went with renaissance wax. Doesn't show finger prints or spot.

Nancy Laird
06-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Beautiful bowl, Steve. That grain is really talking, isn't it?

Glenn Hodges
06-04-2008, 3:36 PM
Steven, you already know how much I like cherry, and I like how you make these classic bowls. This design shows off the beauty of the wood.

Ben Gastfriend
06-04-2008, 7:13 PM
Nice bowl, and cherry is a real nice wood, nice to turn and look at.

David Newson
06-05-2008, 4:58 AM
A nice bowl Steven - I also love the cherry with all its nice figure, have not heard of your renaissance wax finish over this side of the pond, perhaps some one can enlighten me with details.

steven carter
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
David,

I sent you a pm re: renaissance wax.

Steve