PDA

View Full Version : Finaly I get back to more turning and a normal life

David Newson
06-04-2008, 5:46 AM
To everyone that viewed and commented on some pieces on put on 13 days ago, I apologise for not getting back to anyone, but due to a long awaited back operation the following day, after six months of being off work and a lot of pain, but pleased to say after meeting surgeon yesterday and told the operation was a complete success and I should be able to return to a normal life and get back to work in about twenty days time, this is the best news for a long time.

In the meantime I can start sharpening the tools and get back in the workshop and whittle the time away turning, so if any one out there is due for a spinal decompression operation sometime soon or in the future , never give up hope there is light at the end of the tunnel after the pain.

A special thanks goes to Steve Sclump who has been a great help during these recent times - thanks Steve.

Norm Zax
06-04-2008, 7:26 AM
Get well soon! The vortex releases no one....

Glenn Hodges
06-04-2008, 8:00 AM
Wow, what wonderful news. A project some do when laid up is to start a notebook of pictures of different bowls they would like to try when they get back to the lathe, kind of like their personal "500 Bowls" book.

Steve Schlumpf
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
David - glad to see you back on-line!

When you have the time you should post your Yew Vase and a little write-up explaining your club's policy of their 3 win rule during competitions. I think it is a great idea and some of the turning clubs here may put it to use.

Bernie Weishapl
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
David great to see you back and getting some shop time.