PDA

View Full Version : Delta Lathe Replacement Parts

Stoner Smith
06-04-2008, 2:53 AM
Where can I purchase replacement parts for my Delta 46-715? I was turning some turkey calls tonight and the on/off switch broke. Where can I find a replacement? Thanks

Dick Strauss
06-04-2008, 3:01 AM
Stoner,
You can just glue the plastic part back together with CA glue. Otherwise you'll probably have to contact Delta or a Delta service center. Try this page for starters...
http://www.deltaportercable.com/ServiceAndSupport/ServiceAndSupport.aspx

PS-Please post your location, especially when you ask for help with an issue.

Gary Max
06-04-2008, 6:46 AM
After killing three of the dang things I bought a 20 amp light switch and mounted it in the box. Works perfect.

charlie knighton
06-04-2008, 9:14 AM
After killing three of the dang things I bought a 20 amp light switch and mounted it in the box. Works perfect.

mine also failed, i had electician put switch for 3 hp industrial electric motor on it, brand does not matter just do not waste time replacing with a "waiting to fail switch"

Stoner Smith
06-04-2008, 9:53 AM
Thanks guys I was wondering if the switch could be substituted for a switch that I could purchase from Lowes or Home Depot. The lathe is not that old and it broke when I was turning the machine on. I like the lathe but the switch is a weak spot. Thanks again. Stoner

Phil St.Germain
06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Stoner,

If you really want the switch, I have one, new in the bag sitting on a shelf. The heavy duty switch that I bought at the borg has lasted me three years. The factory switch lasted 1..

Phil

Bernie Weishapl
06-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Put on a different switch and don't waste your time with a delta switch.

Stoner Smith
06-04-2008, 2:02 PM
I found on the internet that Delta had a warranty repair shop just down the street from work. Rode down there with the old switch and was able to install a new switch at the cash register. He said Delta does have a problem with switches and he always carries a few in his inventory for that reason. The new switch cost $5.99. I was going to go to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a heavy-duty switch and modify the lathe a little bit but replacing the Delta switch I am back in business tonight. I would like to thank the board members for their help and suggestions. Next time if I am not in the middle of a project I would put a heavier switch on the lathe.