PDA

View Full Version : observation on the company Drillspot.

Jim O'Dell
06-03-2008, 9:20 PM
I don't know how many here have ordered from Drillspot, but they have been mentioned per a search. I found I needed a new filter for the sprinkler system when it had very little pressure this weekend. Pulling the filter showed that it was solid black. (pull water from the creek) So I looked at Grainger on line since that is where the filter system came from. Got the brand and manufacturer's part number and googled from there. Drill spot had a better price, decent shipping, and no tax. Not sure what Grainger's shipping would be, but I know I would have to pay the tax since they are local. I figure the shipping from Drillspot would just about cover my gas to and from Grainger local, so I placed the order Sunday afternoon. Today when I got home, TLOML asked if this package was the filters. Hmmm, thinking outloud, says Grainger all over the box. I didn't order from them. Open the box, sure enough, it's the filters. :confused: I guess Drill spot had them drop shipped from Grainger. They came out of the Dallas area, got here in 2 days, and I still didn't pay tax.:cool: So, is this the business Drillspot is in? Are they basically a company that stocks no inventory and sells what others stock? I just thought it was a little strange. Jim.

Jim Becker
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
There are all kinds of business arrangements "out there", Jim. I'm not familiar with the particular company you speak of, but since Granger acts as a wholesaler to the trade, what you describe isn't surprising. I seem to remember awhile back when one couldn't just walk into Granger off the street and buy things, but my memory may be faulty.

David G Baker
06-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Grainger will not sell to me unless I belong to a specific organization or own my own business or have a magic decoder ring. If I can find it else where I will "not" try to find a way to get items from Grainger.
I do like the idea of buying Grainger stock through a drop shipper at a lower price, decent shipping cost and no taxes.

Brian Elfert
06-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Drillspot probably buys enough from Grainger to get a healthy discount.

Jim O'Dell
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
The times I've bought things from Grainger, I used the company name I worked for, knew they bought items there, and just paid cash for it. Hadn't given me any problems. But I was surprised that Drillspot doesn't make a broader statement somewhere that they can get anything Grainger has in stock, or something like that. Why show a limited list of things? Anyway, nothing earth shattering, just hit me a little odd. Jim.

Reed Wells
06-04-2008, 6:03 PM
Jim, That is pretty much like my log furniture. I have my own website that I sell from, but also dropship for a company based in TN. Kind of cool, I just recieved an order from him to a customer that is only 30 miles from my shop.