PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Riser Table

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2008, 2:19 PM
I've had two things to donate in the last week, something must have jogged those last few brain cells into a revolt or something.

Just a little project that may or may not help you out. I used it to cut out some objects that I didn't want honeycomb patterns left on. I whipped this up, took about 10-12 minutes to make out of 1/8" clear acrylic and it seems to work a treat. I've since improved it a little by putting some slots for airflow in all the long pieces (shown in the photo).

It compensates for the scale (or ruler) in both directions and since it's clear, it doesn't flash back when the beam hits it. It's shown with 3 supports, but the file has 5, and you can see in the photo where you can put the other two if you need the extra support for thin stuff.

Hope someone can use it. Far from perfect, but seems to serve the purpose I used it for well.

Click to enlarge

Jim Dornon
06-03-2008, 3:55 PM
Looks good Scott. How is the flash back on the metal table underneath ?

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2008, 3:57 PM
None that I saw Jim, but I suppose it's possible.

Lee DeRaud
06-03-2008, 4:13 PM
Between the extra distance and the matte finish, the beam should be well out of focus by the time it gets back up to the focus plane.

Todd Schwartz
06-03-2008, 5:18 PM
Thanks Scott, have been planning one of these in my head for months. Just had not gotten around to putting it into CorelDraw. Really like how you keep your 0,0 true to the table.

Todd

Scott Challoner
06-03-2008, 5:47 PM
Thanks Scott, have been planning one of these in my head for months. Just had not gotten around to putting it into CorelDraw. Really like how you keep your 0,0 true to the table.

Todd

Ditto.

Thanks

David Brasfield
06-03-2008, 6:34 PM
That is a really nice design, Scott.

David