PDA

View Full Version : Trying to replace Laserbits

Dave Kurt
06-03-2008, 1:28 PM
We have found replacement vendors for most of the items we regularly engrave, however I cannot find anyone selling the round wood key chains from Laserbits (WHK036). Our primary reason for finding a replacement vendor is shipping costs. Laserbits charges $14 dollars to ship us five of these key chains, which we will engrave and ship to the customer for $6.50 via UPS. I still cannot figure out how Laserbits computes shipping cost to be $14 for a package weighing less than 1 pound.

Any suggestions on alternate vendors for the key chains? Already tried Colorado Heirlooms, but they no longer supply round key chains.

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2008, 1:34 PM
Johnson Plastic 1-800-869-7800. .98 cents each for 1-99 pcs.

If you don't have their catalog, ask for it when you call.

Funny, their part number has an "LB" in front of it, so it's probably sourced from LB through Johnson. Just a guess.

Dave Kurt
06-03-2008, 1:37 PM
Thank you Scott. Sad, but I have their catalog right here and never thought to look through it for wood products.

Clint Lauricella
06-03-2008, 5:00 PM
Laserbits has also stopped selling marble tiles :(

Stephen Beckham
06-03-2008, 9:29 PM
Steve,

What I have found out is that Laser Bits supplies stuff to Johnson Plastics - found out by needing an overnighter for something JP were sold out of - it was overnighted in a LB box. Really close to the same price.

It's still part of the game to find out who is supplying whom?!?!? What I've settled on is just going with the company that has better shipping rates and times. Locallity mostly...

Bill Cunningham
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM
It would seem that the U.S. has much lower shipping costs than we have in Canada.. I'm hard pressed to ship anything for under 10 bucks to a Canadian address, and $15. to a U.S. address.. The minimum postage in Canada for Expedited parcel is $8.00+ and by the time you pack it, and take it to the post office, $10 bucks is bargoon.. If it will slip through a 5/8" high slot, it can go for a cheaper mail rate, but no insurance or tracker.. I insure everything I ship.. Most folks in Canada, avoid U.S. companies that only ship by UPS, because they virtually rape you with bogus customs fees coming into Canada, free trade means nothing to UPS..