PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Omnijig (sale @ amazon)

alex grams
06-03-2008, 8:51 AM
Well, I just bit the bullet on the new omnijig, I have been watching prices on amazon and it dropped to $529 from the regular $599, that coupled with 100$ in gift certificates via my credit card points made it come in at $430, which I just didn't have the will power to pass up. It also seemed like a good time to use the 1 month free Amazon Prime offer, so it should be delivered in 2 days (Thursday). I just have to remember to cancel the membership within 30 days so they don't nail me with first month fees.

Accessories will be killer to my wallet in the long run, but i really don't plan on doing anything other than standard thicknesses for a while, so I should be good to go from all accounts I have read of people who own it.

Now, to see what the wife says when this monster of a box shows up.

Ben Cadotte
06-03-2008, 9:18 AM
Well, I just bit the bullet on the new omnijig, I have been watching prices on amazon and it dropped to $529 from the regular $599, that coupled with 100$ in gift certificates via my credit card points made it come in at $430, which I just didn't have the will power to pass up. It also seemed like a good time to use the 1 month free Amazon Prime offer, so it should be delivered in 2 days (Thursday). I just have to remember to cancel the membership within 30 days so they don't nail me with first month fees.

Accessories will be killer to my wallet in the long run, but i really don't plan on doing anything other than standard thicknesses for a while, so I should be good to go from all accounts I have read of people who own it.

I would do it for $430 without even thinking. Good score.

Mike SoRelle
06-03-2008, 9:27 AM

Congratulations on the gloat, and for what it's worth, I actually stuck with prime (since they introduced the program) and I LOVE the free 2 day on almost everything (and often it's overnight since many things come out of a warehouse in Lexington, KY). The fact that I'm impatient helps them, but I felt like I got my money's worth a long time ago. It's also nice being able to share the prime benefit with up to 5 family members.

YMMV

Don Bullock
06-03-2008, 9:34 AM
Great score Alex.:D I'll be interested in hearing more on the Omnijig.

8 2/2 working days and counting!!!:D:D:D