PDA

View Full Version : Any Humming Bird Fans out there?

Stephen Beckham
06-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Got this today - it's a couple years old, but for anyone interested in seeing the progress of baby hummingbirds - this is quite the slide show. Make sure to check out all the pages...

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/

Greg Peterson
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
We have a few that hang around year long. Aside from being fearless and feisty, they are extremely curious about my wanderings in their yard. More than once they've caught me be surprise, buzzing right by me at full speed and then hovering at arms length and eye level, watching me as I water their plants in the morning.

Wonderful little creatures full of personality.

Dewey Torres
06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks Stephen,
I am a huge hummingbird fan. I liked the last pic of the size comarison. Thanks for the post.:cool:
Dewey

Jim Becker
06-03-2008, 9:10 AM
We get them every year. One came by last weekend to "remind us" that we are obligated to feed them...all the changes with the addition kinda made us into terrible bird servants and we were remiss. He buzzed us on the patio while we were entertaining guests showing his displeasure...really...it was actually pretty incredible. 'Must be a repeat customer or something! (Our inside birds were less sympathetic...as far as they are concerned, our only obligation is to serve them...)

Doug Shepard
06-03-2008, 10:37 AM
That thread title had me thinking "What sport? and What the heck city do they play for??"
DOH.

Thanks for posting.

Clara Koss
06-03-2008, 9:18 PM
i love hummingbirds but have never seen one in real life.... so needless to say this slide show was absolutely great... you could see the change of color on the feathers and everything!!!!thanks for the show!!!!:D