PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Bowl

Greg Just
06-02-2008, 9:10 PM
The first picture is a bowl the blew up on me. I caught an edge and the bowl broke into about 6 pieces. Luckily none hit me. I started over and ended up with this finished cherry bowl which is about 6 inches wide and 2.5 inches high. The cherry is from my back woods and was a gift for a neighbor that had invited us over for dinner last Saturday night. It has a wax finish that I buffed for a long time

What do you think?

Steve Schlumpf
06-02-2008, 9:17 PM
I think that's a pretty nice looking bowl Greg! Gerat looking grain and color! I am sure your neighbor will love it!

Ken Vonk
06-02-2008, 9:31 PM
I have a couple that look just like your first picture :(:(

The finished bowl looks very nice. How thick are the sides and bottom?

Ken

Dennis Puskar
06-02-2008, 9:52 PM
Nice work, nice grain, nice finish, nice gift.

Dennis

Bernie Weishapl
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Great looking bowl Greg. It will make a very nice gift.

dennis kranz
06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Your first picture looks a lot like a bunch I have around here. I do like that cherry bowl. Keep them coming.
Dennis

Greg Just
06-03-2008, 7:02 AM
I have a couple that look just like your first picture :(:(

The finished bowl looks very nice. How thick are the sides and bottom?

Ken

Ken:

The sides are about 1/8 inch and the bottom is thicker at about 1/2. I'm working on another bowl from the same tree and I'm trying to go a little thinner. The thicker bottom on this one gave the bowl a nice feel.

Greg

Clara Koss
06-03-2008, 9:20 PM
The first picture is a bowl the blew up on me. I caught an edge and the bowl broke into about 6 pieces. Luckily none hit me. I started over and ended up with this finished cherry bowl which is about 6 inches wide and 2.5 inches high. The cherry is from my back woods and was a gift for a neighbor that had invited us over for dinner last Saturday night. It has a wax finish that I buffed for a long time

What do you think?

i've had people over for dinner and nary a bowl in sight....