PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Ponder visit

Dale Sherman
03-09-2003, 5:10 PM
Saturday afternoon I had the pleasure of a visit from Lee and Sue Shierer. They were in town checking out a house their son was considering buying. It was just a quick visit, but it was nice to sit and chat with a Ponder face to face. I suspect he'll be visiting the area again when his son settles in. Maybe next time I can talk him into showing up with his toolbelt and helping with my shop. :D

Hey, Lee! Bring some of that stockpiled hickory with you next trip and we'll run it through my planer (Delta 13").

Dale

Rod Peterson
03-09-2003, 10:16 PM
<br>
> <i><font color="blue">and we'll run it through my planer (Delta 13"). </font></i>

What happened to the DC-380 I thought I saw peeking out from under some other stuff in your shop tour?

Dale Sherman
03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
...I wish it were a DC-380. Pretty good eye, Rod, it's the predecessor, Delta's RC-33. Just as beefy and robust, looks just like the DC-380, but only 13" wide. I bought it new 15 years ago. Made all my own window casements for the sunroom addition. Always seems to be an inch shy in width for the board I want to run through it, though. If I get a chance to replace it, I'll probably go all the way to a 20" unit.

Dale