PDA

View Full Version : Message system

Scott Shepherd
06-02-2008, 8:40 AM
With the upgrade done, I got a couple of messages from people that show us as "Visitor Messages" or something like that. They don't show up in my Private Message area and I can't seem to locate them. Someone sent me a message asking me for some information and now I can't find the message, since it's not stored in the Private Messages area of my Inbox. It seems when I have a "visitor message" it give me a huge drop down menu when I hover over the message link, but once I have read those messages, the huge drop down menu is gone and I can't figure out how to get to them.

Has this been disabled or am I missing something simple?

Oh, one more thing- what is a Visitor message as opposed to a private message?

Brian Weick
06-02-2008, 8:44 AM
Scott,
I have been wondering that myself ~ I will keep my eye on this thread for an answer.
Brian

Keith Outten
06-02-2008, 9:58 AM
Scott,

One way to get to your Visitor Messages is to click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page where you see something like this:

Welcome, Keith Outten.
You last visited: Today at 6:10 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 151.

This takes you to your profile page and that is where you will find Visitor Messages. Visitor Messages are public messages that people leave you on your profile page. Click here to visit my Profile Page.
(http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=2) and leave me a public message.

Everyone needs to start getting used to this since Profile pages offer lots of new stuff, they are your personal portal here and have links to your group of friends, the social groups you belong to and your photo albums, etc.

You can also click on anyone's name in posts they make next to their avatar. On the drop down menu there is a link to their Profile Page.

There is more but I haven't had time to figure out how it all works yet :)

Tom Veatch
06-02-2008, 1:44 PM
Just to emphasize what Keith said about the public nature of the "Visitor Message". Both sides of the conversation are visible to anyone who visits the Public Profile containing the messages. So, don't put anything in a "Visitor Message" that you wouldn't put in a message posted on one of the general forums.