PDA

View Full Version : WHERE Is My Stimulus Check?

Lance Norris
06-02-2008, 6:07 AM
I am supposed to be receiving a paper stimulus check. I filed, paid, met all requirements, SS# ending with 10, check supposed to be mailed no later than May 23rd. Check IRS websight, no information available for that SS#. What is going on? :( :mad:

Rob Russell
06-02-2008, 7:19 AM
Perhaps call the IRS. That, and don't spend it until you have it. :D

Jason Roehl
06-02-2008, 8:11 AM
Perhaps call the IRS. That, and don't spend it until you have it. :D

So THAT's what my problem is... :rolleyes:

I got mine e-deposited on May 9th, just like they said they would.

David G Baker
06-02-2008, 8:28 AM
Lance,
The issue may be the word "mailed". If you had arranged for a direct deposit, more than likely you would have your money in the bank. Checks that are mailed will be delayed, for how long, I don't have an answer. I am riding in the same boat as you.

Lee DeRaud
06-02-2008, 9:33 AM
...SS# ending with 10, check supposed to be mailed no later than May 23rd...FWIW, I'm in the same batch: check showed up on Wednesday the 28th from the Fresno (California) IRS center...there may be some variation based on which center is doing the processing.

Lee Schierer
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
You are a winner, the Federal Reserve determined that there wasn't enough money to cover all the checks that were going to be issued, so the IRS had a drawing and all SSN's ending in 10 were not going to get checks. :D

Jesse Espe
06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I filed using Turbotax. My check didn't show up at the appointed time. Then I get an email from Turbotax (Intuit.com) that says that if you filed with Turbotax, you are going to get a paper check vice a direct deposit. So I'll be getting mine in July...grrr...:mad:

Guess we'll see...:(

Bob Moyer
06-02-2008, 1:52 PM
Mine was mailed to me 3 weeks ago.:)

Harry Hagan
06-02-2008, 2:09 PM
I heard this on the news last night: The oil companies have lobbied congress to have all stimulus checks deposited directly into their coffers. Subsequently the mailing of all stimulus checks have been "put on hold".

Brian Effinger
06-02-2008, 2:45 PM
I filed using Turbotax. My check didn't show up at the appointed time. Then I get an email from Turbotax (Intuit.com) that says that if you filed with Turbotax, you are going to get a paper check vice a direct deposit. So I'll be getting mine in July...grrr...:mad:

Guess we'll see...:(

That's strange. I filed with Turbotax and had my 2007 refund direct deposited, so the direct deposited my stimulus check too. I got it on May 12th.

Jerome Hanby
06-02-2008, 2:52 PM
You only got dinged because of Turbo Tax if you had the filing fees deducted from your refund. Otherwise your refund was direct deposited in your account and the Stimulus Check will also be directed deposited there. At least that's what my TurboTax email related. My SSN ends in 11 and i got my check via the mail early last week.

That's strange. I filed with Turbotax and had my 2007 refund direct deposited, so the direct deposited my stimulus check too. I got it on May 12th.