PDA

View Full Version : First try at calls.

Sparky Paessler
04-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Here are two calls that I made over the weekend. the short one is a duck call and is made out of spalted maple burl. the longer one is a goose call and is fiddleback maple. These are a gift for my brother who it taking us on a cruise this summer. :cool:

Sparky Paessler

Michael Ballent
04-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Very nice!!! and what a great brother. Where are you going to cruise to? If this is your first cruise I have one word of advise... Go on a diet well before you go.... It will all come back once your cruise is over :D Thanks for sharing!!!

-Michael

Ted Calver
04-12-2004, 6:52 PM
Sparky,
Any recommendation on a source for call kits? I owe my boss a couple and I've been putting it off 'cause, as usual ....I don't know the first thing about making 'em.
Ted

Jim Becker
04-12-2004, 8:17 PM
Those are niiiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeeee!! Beautiful, Sparky!

Dennis Peacock
04-12-2004, 8:23 PM
Sparky,
Any recommendation on a source for call kits? I owe my boss a couple and I've been putting it off 'cause, as usual ....I don't the first thing about making 'em.
Ted

Ted,

Hut Products sells the kits, wood, reids and the works for these calls.!! Give them a try...really nice folks and service has been great. I haven't made any of them, but I have seriously thought about it.

Sparky Paessler
04-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Ted

I got my kits from The Woodturners Catalog (Craft supplies USA). Since these are my first ones I don't know if theirs are any better than anyone elses.

Sparky