PDA

View Full Version : Somethings different here

Cliff Newton
04-11-2004, 9:01 PM
Can't put my finger on it, but something has changed.

Joe Suelter
04-11-2004, 9:06 PM
yes it is...can't quite find my way around yet!!!! Looks good though

Frank Pellow
04-11-2004, 9:07 PM
Look at the nerw threads in the support forum to see what has happened.

Kelly C. Hanna
04-11-2004, 9:52 PM
Wow! I go away for a few hours and come back to this bright shiny new forum!!! Very nice!!! I love it. Congrats to the hard work that you guys did to get us here...much easier to read.

Thanks again!!

Tyler Howell
04-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Change is Good? Yes!

Rob Bourgeois
04-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Argh.. I didnt like it at first but I think its ok. Just seems so much bigger, felt like I was sitting too close to the screen.

Aaron Koehl
04-12-2004, 9:08 AM
Indeed, it is a bit bigger- most of the changes increased the amount of useable area on the screen. For instance, our names/avatars appear above the post (rather than to the left of each post), freeing up 30% of the screen for actual post content. In a couple of weeks, you'll love it!

As a side note:
The buttons for View Profile, PM, WWW, etc.. are now in a menu. Try clicking on my name--you'll see!

Another note:
A little light next to our names (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif or http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/statusicon/user_online.gif) indicates whether we currently surfing the board or not. (An extension of Who's Online from the main page).

Cheers!

Ken Salisbury
04-12-2004, 9:18 AM
All I can say is "Aaron ya done good" ----

and just to think I didn't even have to threaten to burn your car if you didn't.

:cool: :) :p

Jason Roehl
04-12-2004, 9:38 AM
and just to think I didn't even have to threaten to burn your car if you didn't.

:cool: :) :p
Ken--he just got into grad school--he can't have much of a car to burn. :D:D:D

I really like the new look, though, Aaron!! Great job!!

Chris Padilla
04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Aaron,

The new look is refreshing...I like it. Could we have a button or option to control the (to me) annoying window that pops up the text of the thread as you are gliding your mouse around? This feature really, really bugs the @$#%#$! out of me for some reason. It forces me to move my mouse to the side to avoid that box constantly following me around and blocking other text.

Thanks!

Tyler Howell
04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Change is Good? Yes!
Speaking of Change (Mr. GMS change my Avatar) Whudup with the Back water??;)

Tyler Howell
04-12-2004, 12:27 PM
A Little Help? Any way to lock in my font, print size and color so I don't drive everybody crazy with the changes between computers???

What would it take to get Spell check on board??
TX

TJH

Chris Padilla
04-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Tyler,

I never mess with my font and/or color and everything comes out fine. How are you posting...what are the exact steps you go through to post to a thread? I always thought you just liked messing around with the colors and different fonts. :)

Need some help changing that avatar????? ;)

Dan Mages
04-12-2004, 12:59 PM
It looks like an update to vbulletin 3.0 :)

John Miliunas
04-12-2004, 1:57 PM
A Little Help? Any way to lock in my font, print size and color so I don't drive everybody crazy with the changes between computers???

What would it take to get Spell check on board??
TX

TJH

Hey, I thought I gave you this link before: http://www.iespell.com/ It's a plug-in for IE and works great. That way, you can use the available forum software do-da's you like to enhance your message as you like and use "iSpell" to correct spelling. :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-12-2004, 2:08 PM
Hey, I thought I gave you this link before: http://www.iespell.com/ It's a plug-in for IE and works great. That way, you can use the available forum software do-da's you like to enhance your message as you like and use "iSpell" to correct spelling. :cool:Sorry, Missed it. Great memory but real short. TX!

Aaron Koehl
04-12-2004, 3:28 PM
Aaron,

The new look is refreshing...I like it. Could we have a button or option to control the (to me) annoying window that pops up the text of the thread as you are gliding your mouse around? This feature really, really bugs the @$#%#$! out of me for some reason. It forces me to move my mouse to the side to avoid that box constantly following me around and blocking other text.

Thanks!
Chris,

Me too, so I changed it to the old 'hover over the link' previews, instead of 'hover anywhere on the row'.

Byron Trantham
04-12-2004, 6:20 PM
What would it take to get Spell check on board??[/b]
TX

TJH
Tyler do a search for iespell on goggle or yahoo. I downloaded it, installed it and it works for ALL Internet connections. Once its installed, you simply right click the screen and it pops up. Couldn't be easier. :D

Fortunately, I don't have use it that much.... :rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
04-12-2004, 6:44 PM
Fortunately, I don't have use it that much.... :rolleyes:
...guess it doesn't work for grammar or missing words! :p

:cool: