PDA

View Full Version : Delta 18x36" drum sander ...

Butch Edwards
05-31-2008, 8:37 PM
..picked one up fairly cheap(needed parts). got those($140 worth:eek:), but now I need some new sanding belts.. don't know what size it takes... any ideas? thanks in advance....:confused:

john white
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
butch, i ordered the pre cut rolls for mine a month or so ago. four rolls per box from ww supply.

James Hart
05-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Google Klingspor. You can buys rolls that you can very easily cut to fit the Delta. Costs about half as much as the precut and the paper is just as good.

Jim

Richard M. Wolfe
05-31-2008, 10:52 PM
I live in a pretty small town, but amazingly enough it has an abrasives manufacturing plant. It pays to get to know people who work there and get them to 'scavange'. Literally tons of abarasives go to the landfill every day.

I also have a Delta drum sander, which is probably my least favorite tool, which is neither here nor there right now. :) I have gotten several oddball widths of cloth backed abrasives in long rolls....the final length of the roll is dependent on width. Just trim one end to fit and start rolling it on the drum. When you come to the other end cut it off a little long so you can handle it and then shape and trim to final length.