PDA

View Full Version : New England places to wed

Craig D Peltier
05-31-2008, 6:08 PM
Hi First I asked about Tahoe, now New England.
To me that means Mass, NH,VT and Maine

I may like to rent a place on a really pretty river or Lake for a few days for my wedding. Im also up for an event center in these parts. The wedding must take place outdoors an no reception in a hall.
The place could sleep 2 or 20, thats no important unless theres nowhere else in the area to stay.
We are on a shoestring budget.I think the recption will cost the most so it may be in a restaurant in town or on property.
Someone on the Tahoe thread mentioned an Inn in VT. Thanks

Tim Morton
05-31-2008, 6:42 PM
Jackson Gore Inn does beautiful weddings, As do many places around me here in vermont, but I am not sure I would consider it a shoestring affair.

I just had a wedding for my daughter and we ended up doing a catered reception at my house. Most places I contacted were asking about 4 grand plus $125 per head.

I personally got married at the Cortina Inn here in Vt and it was really nice.

Outdoors is great but be prepared for rain with a tent...and if you want to talk to a great tent company in vermont and they may also have advice on locations...check out celebrationrentals.com

Jim Becker
05-31-2008, 8:41 PM
Acadia!!!!!!!!

Greg Cuetara
05-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I was married at the castle in the clouds in moultonboro, NH. It overlooks lake winnipesaukee. There is a beautiful area outside to have the ceremony and a backup plan inside the castle. We had our reception in the carriage house which is a stone's throw away and they did a great job. I think we had a smidge over 100 guests and it was somewhere between 5k and 7k for the whole thing....

If you want more info let me know and I will try to dig something up for you.

Here are a few pictures.

Greg

Dave Anderson NH
06-01-2008, 9:20 AM
Another wonderful place in NH that specializes in weddings is Cathedral of the Pines in Rindge NH. This is an unbelievably beautiful site where the outdoor chapel is among 100+ foot tall white pines and when the rhodedendrons are in bloom the place is stunning.

Rob Russell
06-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Ummm - Connecticut and Rhode Island are also part of "New England". There are some beautiful spots that you could use. Harkness Memorial Park in Waterford, CT is one place and is right on the ocean.

Andy Hoyt
06-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Schoodic Point at high tide.

Craig D Peltier
06-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Keep em coming, thank you. I will look at these today.:)