PDA

View Full Version : The LCSC Warriors win #16

Ken Fitzgerald
05-31-2008, 12:16 AM
My condolences to the fans of the Lee University Flames who just lost the NAIA World Series to the Lewis-Clark State College Warriors.

LCSC just won their 3rd consecutive and 16th overall NAIA World Series tonight. That's 16 championship wins in 26 years.....all under the same coach.

When we moved here I wasn't a baseball fan. I coached and umpired Little League in Mississippi when my oldest son played and coached here for 1 year when my youngest son played. I lived and worked in Chicago and never attended a game at either Major League field. And then I moved to Lewiston.

If you aren't a baseball fan you will be a social outcast. How much baseball....Lewiston used to have a San Diego Padres farm team here....who played here?.....Reggie Jackson.....Blue Moon Odom just to name a few.

Tonight's game set a new attendance record....5,540......Not a big crowd by Major League standards...but the town of Lewiston is said to have a population of 31,000.....Clarkston, Wa...across the Snake River...12,000.....Asotin, WA......4 miles south 7,000......Lapwai, ID.....5,000......So within a 10 mile radius...that's 55,000 roughly......1 out of 10 people within a 10 mile radius at the baseball game......Not bad!

It was a tough game!