PDA

View Full Version : Delta Midi Lathe Owners

Mack Cameron
05-29-2008, 6:25 AM
My current lathe is a DR 46-305 Model, vintage '48 in excellent condition and working order. I am presently using it for turning pens which I have become addicted to.

I'm looking for any Delta Midi Lathe owners to comment with respect to the quality of that lathe. I have an opportunity to purchase a used one in excellent condition and would consider using it as my pen turning lathe.

Steven Wilson
05-29-2008, 8:26 AM
The Delta Midi is a good lathe, pretty much on par with the non VS Jet mini. I had a Delta Midi until I stepped up to the Oneway 2436 I have now.

Brian Brown
05-29-2008, 8:34 AM
I really like mine. I have never used anything else, so I have no direct compairison of features, but the quality has been excellent, and it has never given me any problems.

Keith Burns
05-29-2008, 8:55 AM
I have had one several years and it is a good product. I currently have the beall 3 buff system set up permanantly on mine.

Bernie Weishapl
05-29-2008, 9:26 AM
I bought one used 2 1/2 yrs ago and it has been a good unit. I gave it to my nephew as a Christmas gift so he could turn. He turns a lot of pens, ornaments and lidded boxes on it. Good machine.

Dan Allemand
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
My first lathe was a vs Jet midi.. I then bought a used Delta midi. I really like it. It is really easy to change the speeds because the cover is on the front.. On the jets it is on the back. When I first got it.. I used it more then the VS. For its money.. I really like it.

Mack Cameron
05-29-2008, 5:27 PM
Just to let everyone know the results from 2 forums; 7 for, 0 against. Now to go and see if it's still available.

Gordon Seto
05-29-2008, 5:38 PM
I don't own a Delta. Some Delta Midi has plastic handles that are not durable.