PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hatfield

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Bobby Hatfield
I cruised by Bobby's Shop on my way to my family get together in Helena (Arkansas). I love his shop and his enthusiam for woodworking. He has some inventive set ups for straight lining boards, dust collection, etc. And... he has some big stacks of Red Oak and Southern Maple and lots of room in his shop for more.

He is not Retired. Bobby told me he just got a bid for 96 feet of Wall Cabinets for a Head Start project. He's also looking at a 50" drum sander, Major Tool Gloat.

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-09-2003, 12:37 PM
I made Bobby a new Avatar.
Can I make one for You?
I love photo editing.

Bobby Hatfield
03-09-2003, 3:17 PM
Thanks Zack, for the new avatar, but did you have to subject all the guys to the large picture of all that ugly, should have shown a picture of the lumber stack instead.

David Rose
03-09-2003, 4:08 PM
I sent you an email about dogs. It came back to me. Is your email up?

David

Bobby Hatfield
03-09-2003, 6:30 PM
Thanks David, my web base email was down. Try it again, registered now with home email , should be ok.

Howard Barlow
03-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey Bobby,

Why are you sanding 50" drums?:D

Do you have any pics of dc , straight lining boards, etc, Zack mentioned?

Bobby Hatfield
03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Howard now that its time to retire I discover the stroke sander takes too much out of this old man so I thinks, if I just had a large drum sander for face frames doors and glued up panels I could take it easy and let the machine do the work, then this bid comes up for a job and I just couldn't resist the chance to buy another tool.

Howard Barlow
03-09-2003, 11:44 PM
All we need is an excuse. Well... I don't guess we need that much of an excuse. :D

"Why did you buy that thing?"

"Because the guy was willing to trade it for money, dear."