PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 21829 Tablesaw/Router table question

Chris Kennedy
05-28-2008, 3:07 PM
I have a question regarding the Router Table on the Craftsman 21829 tablesaw. I am going to be helping my father-in-law make some cabinets, and he is borrowing this type of saw from a friend, who has since misplaced the manual. Does anybody know if the router table extension is pre-drilled to accept a Porter-Cable 890 router? I would rather not have to lug my router table down to my in-laws if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Jerome Hanby
05-28-2008, 3:38 PM
It's not, but you can buy a Craftsman router adapter. I had to order mine to allow my Hitachi Router to bolt on. I'm not sure if any current Craftsman routers will fit that extension...

scott spencer
05-28-2008, 5:33 PM
Hi Chris - The 21829 is made by Ryobi and is essentially a Ryobi BT3100 on a stowaway portable stand along with some updates...many of the parts are interchangeable. You should be able to find answers to most or all of your questions at BT3Central.com (http://bt3central.com/index.php)....a site dedicated to the BT3.

Jon Behnke
05-28-2008, 8:05 PM
You can also make an adapter with 1/4" acrylic. Drill to match the router and then the table. I used "T" nuts between the router and acrylic plate and used screws through the table to attach it. I did that with mine and it works.

Jeff Atnip
05-29-2008, 7:07 AM
I have the 21829 saw. My Porter Cable 690 router did not fit so I made an adapter base plate out of plywood.

john bateman
05-29-2008, 7:18 AM
It might be no more difficult to just bolt the PC to a piece of plywood and hang it upside down on some sawhorses. A straight board and 2 clamps will make a usable fence.