PDA

View Full Version : how is this made...???

jay vyas
05-28-2008, 2:43 PM
hey hiee guys i wanted to ask you people how are these silicone bracelets made which machine do i need for it....and whats the procedure...and approximate cost of machine....or investment

Joe Pelonio
05-28-2008, 3:06 PM
Many, if not most are done with a laser (see laser section of the forum). A small one will run $7,000+. Some of those have color-fill on the lettering, an additional, tricky manual step, but there are some layered blanks that engrave in the same way as name badges and signs, through a top layer to reveal another color.

jay vyas
05-29-2008, 1:03 AM
thanks for your reply...

7000$ for a laser machine right??? if yes then i have a epilog 35watts mini laser machine can you tell me that how is it done on which material??? and is there any other machine for this???

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Many, if not most are done with a laser

Do you mean those silicone or Vinyl bracelets that Lance Armstrong made so popular?

I think I saw them being made in a cheap aluminum mold that you can literally fill by pouring the molten or u-catalyzed fluid into the mold sprue.

jay vyas
05-29-2008, 2:17 PM
@Cliff Rohrabacher

thanx for your reply yes i was asking bout those bands only named as Livestrong.....

and please can u tell me what is molten and u-catalyzed??? is it a silicone gum???

and what is its procedure to make those bands is it easy like sitting at home and doing it.....

waiting for your reply...

Joe Chritz
05-30-2008, 6:30 AM
There would be a few manufacturing ways to do it. It is very unlikely you would be able to produce any at a price to make profit without some serious investment.

If you could source the naked bracelets you could likely make a flat jig to hold them in your laser and custom engrave them.

To make small items efficiently it takes large machines usually and huge volume.

Check out hobbymolding.com

Joe

jay vyas
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
@Joe Chritz

i don't just want to engrave i want to manufacture the whole band or bracelet please tell me the exact procedure in manufacturing....like Cliff Rohrabacher suggested.....

Joe Pelonio
05-30-2008, 12:24 PM
This is the wrong place to ask that. Someone may have an idea, but this is a laser engraver/cutter section on a woodworking forum. Your question is about manufacturing plastic items.

jay vyas
05-30-2008, 1:41 PM
@Joe Pelonio

so thats why i have asked this question in off topic section...

please can anyone suggest me any site for this enquiry....

Rob Russell
05-30-2008, 2:12 PM
Jay,

I found this this website (http://www.ppiblog.com/?213-how-are-silicone-wristbands-produced) with less than 1 minute of my time on a Google search for "silicon wristband manufacturing". You can ask questions about the process there.

Once again, you have asked for information that is pretty much outside the realm of experience that most SMC folks have. I would suggest spending some time doing Google or Yahoo searches on the topic and chasing down the information there.

I'm closing this thread to keep it from bouncing around anymore.

Rob