PDA

View Full Version : A New Woodworking Show coming Sept. 2008 PIC.

Gord Graff
05-28-2008, 1:44 PM
Hi All,

Exciting news! There’s a new woodworking show coming to the internet in September called ‘Into The Workshop’. This is an independent production brought to you by the combined forces of three outstanding woodworkers, John Sillaots, Ken Tunnard and myself, Gord Graff.

Follow this link to the show’s video trailer…… http://blip.tv/file/942711/

John Sillaots you may remember as host of ‘In The Workshop’ an HGTV production. John has written many articles for a variety of publications and continues to travel across Canada doing presentations on a variety of topics from home renos to woodworking. John is well known for inspiring do-it-yourselfers and is looking forward to sharing his many tips with you.

Ken Tunnard is a professional woodworker, author and instructor with an artistic talent for creating classic pieces with unconventional detailing. His well planned projects often include turnings, veneers and steam bending - talk about pushing the inspirational button!!

And, of course, there’s me Gord Graff, a woodworking instructor, author and pod caster, with a special interest in woodworking jigs. It’s been said that my success lies in the ability to combine a woodworking talent with an artistic flair. I am passionately creative and am looking forward to demystifying the woodworking experience with you.

I’ll be in great company hosting along side John and Ken. The combined woodworking talent, experience, passion and commitment that we all share will be entertaining as well as an inspiration to all who are interested in woodworking regardless of skill level. We are committed to delivering ‘Into The Workshop’ in an honest, up-beat and positive manner.

Watch for upcoming information about start dates and show times and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me at gordgraff@rogers.com.

Get ready to clear off your workbench
‘Into The Workshop’ is just around the corner.

By the way, I know I've been away for a while but I've been busy.............if you know what I mean.

All the best
Gord

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/gordgraff/Posting2.jpg

Glenn Clabo
05-29-2008, 9:15 AM
Very interesting Gord...

Brent Smith
05-29-2008, 9:42 AM
Hi Gord,

Again, congrats on the show. A couple of questions for you; Is there any plan on which level of woodworker you want the show to appeal to yet? Will the shows be project orientated or will you guys be doing different segments (tools, assembly, joinery etc) ? Now the big one....any talk of going TV with this, my couch is much more comfortable than my office chair.

Best of luck to you guys, I'm waiting with anticipation for the first show.

Rick Levine
05-29-2008, 9:44 AM
Great news! I can't wait. The trailer looks very interesting, I want more. I have to admit I'm a woodworking show junkie.

Chris Padilla
05-29-2008, 2:49 PM
Best of luck to you, Gord! I hope it all works out for everyone. :)

Gary Muto
05-29-2008, 3:25 PM
Great news. Looking forward to viewing it.

Carroll Courtney
05-29-2008, 3:42 PM
Looking forward to a good quality show such as the one you and your friends are making.

Gord Graff
05-29-2008, 5:14 PM
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your kind words; I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, I'm putting my name on it.

Brent;

Is there any plan on which level of woodworker you want the show to appeal to yet?

The show will appeal to the many levels of woodworkers (easy to say but hard to do), we are shooting for something of interest for all who watch the show. And to those here who know me well, you can bet that I'm going to be doing some pretty "out there" stuff.

Will the shows be project orientated or will you guys be doing different segments (tools, assembly, joinery etc)

The shows will be a combination of project based and lesson based. All three of us will present projects and there are a number of shows where all of us will participate in the construction of a single project.

We will be bringing on guests of interest to woodworkers and best of all, the show will be audience driven. That's right, the viewer gets to have a say in what makes it to the air.

Brent, this is a show for woodworkers by woodworkers, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now the big one....any talk of going TV with this, my couch is much more comfortable than my office chair.

Sorry pal, no talk of television.....................I hear those guys won't let me do what I want to do. Next time I cross the border, I'll get you a better office chair.

All the best
Gord

Greg Hines, MD
05-29-2008, 5:40 PM
I hope your show does well. I particularly liked the videos on making a new mitre gauge.

Doc

Gord Graff
05-29-2008, 5:58 PM
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the well wishes.

If you liked the video I did on making a mitre gauge, you love what we are doing now. The difference between the two is night and day.

All the best
Gord

Mike Heidrick
05-29-2008, 6:00 PM
Awesome intro - with a Sweet Planer. What model is it 20" or 24"?

Looks like an excellent show. Keep us posted when they air!

David Bodkin
05-29-2008, 6:13 PM
Cool! I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm always up for more woodworking shows.

Gerry Musson
05-29-2008, 6:39 PM
Good news. What happened to John's mustache?

Gord Graff
05-30-2008, 4:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I do believe that it's a 20" planer, I'll check though.

Gerry, does it really matter what happened to John's moustache, so long as it's gone, that's the main thing.:D:D:D

All the best
Gord

Vic Damone
05-30-2008, 8:37 AM
Is that a picture of three cats who've just swallowed a bird or what?

Very smart. Don't forget those New Yankee camera angles and keep the lens clean.

Have fun
Vic

Brent Smith
05-31-2008, 6:32 AM
Hi Gord,

Whose shop are you going to be shooting in? Is your son going to be involved in the production end of things?

Gord Graff
05-31-2008, 7:32 AM
Whose shop are you going to be shooting in? Is your son going to be involved in the production end of things?

Howdy Brent,

The show will be shot in John's shop; it's perfect for video shoots.
We will also be taking the show on the road from time to time, visiting other woodworkers of interest in their shops.

My son Matthew will be involved in the post production end of things........................he has to earn his $10 a week allowance somehow doesn't he? All kidding aside, the young fellow is a wiz at the keyboard and I'm proud of what he can do.

All the best
Gord

Peter Quadarella
05-31-2008, 7:55 AM
That's great, I'm always up for another woodworking show :). I remember enjoying your Hall Mirror videos so I'm looking forward to this.

Gord Graff
05-31-2008, 8:14 AM
Hi Peter,

If you liked the hall mirror project, you just might like the tall clock project, here is the link. http://gordgraff.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc
It's a four part video that examines the construction of the clock below.

All the best
Gord

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/gordgraff/TWOCLOCKS.jpg

Brent Smith
06-01-2008, 6:47 AM
Hi Gord,

Is that the same shop John did his TV show from a few years ago?

Best of luck to you guys and I'm sure we're all going to see some interesting and off the wall stuff from you guys!

John Keeton
06-01-2008, 7:22 AM
Have you considered starting an email database for those interested in getting spammed on start dates and new episodes?

Eddie Darby
06-01-2008, 9:36 AM
I've in the past enjoyed the shows that John Sillaots has done!
Sounds like a winner! Hope she flies well!

Gord Graff
06-01-2008, 1:57 PM
Hi All,

Is that the same shop John did his TV show from a few years ago?

Yes Brent, it's the same shop but with a lot of updates.

Have you considered starting an email database for those interested in getting spammed on start dates and new episodes?

John, I hadn't thought of it but thanks for the great idea.

All the best
Gord