PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Photoshop Elements Question...

Sylvia Mossbrucker
05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Okay guys I know there are a few photoshop elements experts out there!! Im tyring to edit photos by using the cut it out feature. When I used it the first time it seemed to be a breeze but now I cant seem to get the finished product to save. I can see the photo i edited as a layer, but how do I save the layer or get it to be a seperate photo from the original??? I would also love if anyone could just give me a crasher explanation on what a layer is and how I can use them? The issue seems to be that I can not use the cut it out option unless I open a duplicate layer, so I do that and then I can not seem to save the new layer.....PLEASE HELP!!!

Eric DeSilva
05-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I use CS3, so it may not be identical, but you should be able to create a "new" document, and drag the layer into the new document, then save the new document.

Another option might be to "save as" under a different file name, then delete the layer you don't want and resave.

Doug Griffith
05-28-2008, 4:18 PM
Is it possible that your version of Elements is in demo mode with save disabled?

Bill Morrison
05-29-2008, 2:21 AM
I use layers in autocad more than graphics programs but they are about the same. When you have an image and put a clear piece of plastic on that you can draw on the new layer. In one of the graphics programs I do photo restoration on a new layer and if it comes out like I want it I flatten it, making the two layers into one. If I don't like what I did I delete the layer and start again. You can build up different layers for different things. Just think of it as a clear sheet of plastic above the original drawing.
I wish I could help with the cut out problems but I don't use it enough to give any worthwhile advice. If it were autocad I could help but alas, that does no good for your problem. Hope the layer advice helps.

Bill