PDA

View Full Version : TS router extension progress

Jim VanBramer
04-10-2004, 6:01 PM
With the aid of many of you I've finally finished the main structure of my router extension, and today I'm trying my hand at applying Formica. All in all it's going pretty well (learning alot as I go along!) When I'm through with this I was wondering if I'll qualify to be a certified installer for Home Depot??? :D :D :D :D :D
Happy Easter everyone!!!

Tim Morton
04-10-2004, 6:22 PM
Hey Jim, I'm doing the same thing, only I went for the melamine, which i am begining to regret as it has already chipped a few times during install. The hardest thing for me is coming up with a way to mount the extension to the front of my delta unirip fence. On the back I hung brackets and used some glued up 1x2 oak. On the side closed to the cast iron i routed the lip of the extension to rest on the original bolts, and now i am fabrication the front part of the unirip fence. All in all i would say it is working fine, but one I get all the mounting problems solved I may switch out the table for something cleaner. I will post a picture once it looks presentable.

chris toomey
04-10-2004, 10:01 PM
i would love to see pics of your progress and final product. this is something i've been planning to do for a while.