PDA

View Full Version : Aint LIfe Grand!

Bryan Rocker
05-28-2008, 9:43 AM
Well after many months of an early attempted escape at 21 weeks, broken water 3 weeks ago Grandpa's Little Sweethart was born in the 2:09 am weighing 5 lbs and 18" long and born at week 34! I got to hold at just 3 hours old, it is amazing how small they are, how fragile they are and just how precious they are. Even though she is at 34 weeks, she is breathing on her own and I hope she will be home in the next week or so!!!

She is definately Grandpa's Little Sweathart, when I held her she at first started crying but once I had her firmly in my arms she quickly calmed down, relaxed and snuggled into my arms! Aint life Grand!!!!!

WOOHOO!!

Jim Becker
05-28-2008, 9:47 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, Bryan! (and to the rest of the family) That's a wonderful thing, indeed...

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 9:47 AM
Congrats Bryan! Life doesn't get any better!

Mark Springer
05-28-2008, 9:56 AM
I know what you mean by tiny. My son came out at 34 weeks. Barely over 4 pounds. He was so small I thought I would crush him. Best high blood pressure medication in the world is cuddling up with the little ones.

Jason Roehl
05-28-2008, 10:10 AM
All 3 of mine were 5-6 weeks early and each spent 6-7 days in the NICU. But, they are all happy, healthy kids now, ages almost 7 to 10. All of them were around 5 lbs, give or take, and my #2 kid (oldest son), Paul, was born breech and 21.5" long (that's longer than many full-term babies).

Congrats on the new little ww'er-to-be! ;)

Bob Rufener
05-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Congratulations and we all hope all is well. You said the baby had tears in her eyes. What about gramps? I know I would have. We've been blessed with three good kids but none are married. We'd love the opportunity to hold a grandchild.

Bryan Rocker
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
At 22 hours of no sleep I was so focused on protecting that wee one that I managed to not shed a tear externally......I can't begin to tell you how special a moment that was, it is now amoung the top 4 events in my life!!!

Dave Anderson NH
05-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Congratulation Bryan. Grandchildren are God's reward for not throttling and killing your own kids when they became teenagers.:rolleyes:

Eric DeSilva
05-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Congratulations! I had a son 4 weeks early that clocked in at 5 lbs as well. Expect a bit of a weight drop in the first few days, but they will recover. My little guy is now at 13 weeks and at 12.5 pounds, so they bounce back quick!

Ron Jones near Indy
05-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Congratulations to you and your family! May you and yours spend many happy, healthy years together.

Clara Koss
05-28-2008, 3:22 PM
Well after many months of an early attempted escape at 21 weeks, broken water 3 weeks ago Grandpa's Little Sweethart was born in the 2:09 am weighing 5 lbs and 18" long and born at week 34! I got to hold at just 3 hours old, it is amazing how small they are, how fragile they are and just how precious they are. Even though she is at 34 weeks, she is breathing on her own and I hope she will be home in the next week or so!!!

She is definately Grandpa's Little Sweathart, when I held her she at first started crying but once I had her firmly in my arms she quickly calmed down, relaxed and snuggled into my arms! Aint life Grand!!!!!

WOOHOO!!
we wanna see the baby!!!!! pics please!!!!:p

Dennis Peacock
05-28-2008, 4:14 PM
Congrats Bryan and family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Page
05-28-2008, 5:36 PM
Congrats to all Bryan, but you gotta give us a pic!

Bryan Rocker
05-28-2008, 9:17 PM
Per your requests, here is a picture of Kristen Jean, 3 hours old.

Here is my daughter, Kristen and me at 5 a.m. all of us were worn out by this time.

Bryan

Jim Knight
05-28-2008, 9:20 PM
Congratulations. I remember when my daughter was born. I can't imagine what it is like to have all the joy with none of the terror.

Enjoy

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-28-2008, 9:25 PM
WE got ours at 37 days old, but the feeling was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hope that the final meetings and adoption papers are done by Father's Day! It's been wonderful having her. I'll be able to post a picture of her at that time.

Welcome to Grandfatherland!

Bruce

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Congrats~!!

When I was younger had any one told how much I'd like being a grand father I'd have laughed in their face.

I'd have been wrong.