PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 9:07 AM
I"ve got a doctor's appointment and physical this morning. No coffee and no food. Now this won't bother the Jim Beckers of the world since it's not a latte or whatever but I MISS MY PLAIN OLD FOLGERS!:(

A word of warning....don't cross me this morning....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

By 11:00 a.m. I hope to be sucking a cup of folgers and eating something!

Glenn Clabo
05-28-2008, 9:24 AM
Oh man...I'm staying out of your way. Oh wait...I hear the GeDunk Truck!

Al Wasser
05-28-2008, 9:25 AM
If the no coffee, no food routine, is because they are taking your blood to test, I have found out that plain ol black coffee is ok. Sorry but you still have to wait to eat. Ask them this time and you might be a little happier next time

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 9:30 AM
Al...I called and asked them yesterday. They specified NO COFFEE.

My doctor says I can only have 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm considering changing doctors.:rolleyes:

I thought surely he meant 2 pots.

Mike Wilkins
05-28-2008, 9:33 AM
Don't get between Ken and an IHOP after 11:00AM. You may get hurt.
Been there/done that. You have to keep apologizing for the grumbling coming from your midsection.

Ron Dunn
05-28-2008, 9:36 AM
A bit like showering in a raincoat, Ken, but did you see this section on the Folgers page?

http://www.folgers.com/drtv/index.html?src=folgerscom

Jim Becker
05-28-2008, 9:38 AM
LOL....yea, I hate fasting tests. The last one I had unfortunately got scheduled at 11am...

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 9:50 AM
Don't get between Ken and an IHOP after 11:00AM. You may get hurt.
Been there/done that. You have to keep apologizing for the grumbling coming from your midsection.

I'd forgotten. An IHOP opened here a few weeks ago. 10:15 appointment....I'll get out about 11:00....Thanks for the suggestion Mike!

Randal Stevenson
05-28-2008, 10:26 AM
So everybody should have a cup for you!

OR better yet, maybe we should have a moderators, give away involving coffee:D

Since non of us get out alive, the lack of caffine may remind the practicing Dr.'s that some of us get out sooner then others. (aka Doc, got any coffee in this office,;))

Dave Anderson NH
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I feel for ya Ken. My fasting for the annual bloodwork was a week ago Monday, but fortunate the test was at 8AM. Unfortunately, I get up at 5 to 5:30AM.

Dan Carroll
05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I had a serious of those tests a while back and ended up under the knife on a Wednesday -- and when I woke up, no coffee, anything except a few ice chips for three days and then two days of 'liquid diet'. I damn near tore the Drs. head off when he finally showed his face on Sunday evening. :eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 1:58 PM
Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The elixir of life!

I'm not sure but I think I may have just seen Juan Valdez!

Dennis Peacock
05-28-2008, 2:55 PM
Maaaannnnn.....who cut grouchy loose??!!!! :rolleyes: :p :p :D

It does get better as the day goes by Ken. I know...I was there yesterday morning. ;)

Pat Germain
05-28-2008, 4:23 PM
Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The elixir of life!

I'm not sure but I think I may have just seen Juan Valdez!

You mean Juan Valdez? Did he have his donkey with him? :)

David G Baker
05-28-2008, 4:32 PM
Ken,
Did you write that your Doctor said you could have pot twice a day or am I confused because I had too much coffee today?

Richard M. Wolfe
05-28-2008, 4:55 PM
Quote - "My doctor says I can only have 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm considering changing doctors.:rolleyes:"

Don't change doctors....just add a few more - at two cups per.

Art Mulder
05-28-2008, 5:05 PM
My doctor says I can only have 2 cups of coffee a day. I'm considering changing doctors.:rolleyes:

Is that for Caffeine, or for kidney stones? (prevention, that is) In other words, what about a glass of coke? Or a cup of tea? Those have caffeine also.

Caffeine withdrawl headaches are rough, but really, after a few days they're gone.

Glad I never got into major caffeine addiction. Never did develop a taste for coffee, and I cut way back on soft drinks years ago. Learning to drink lots of water is a lifestyle change and definitely takes work, but I'm well used to it now.

Best wishes,
...art

Chris Padilla
05-28-2008, 5:13 PM
Is that for Caffeine, or for kidney stones? (prevention, that is) In other words, what about a glass of coke? Or a cup of tea? Those have caffeine also.

Caffeine withdrawl headaches are rough, but really, after a few days they're gone.

Glad I never got into major caffeine addiction. Never did develop a taste for coffee, and I cut way back on soft drinks years ago. Learning to drink lots of water is a lifestyle change and definitely takes work, but I'm well used to it now.

Best wishes,
...art

Good for you, Art! I did the same kicking pop/soda although I have one every once in a while now. I never drank coffee (smells wonderful, tastes like....) and am mostly on water now. Funny thing, nothing quite quenches my thirst like a good cold bottle of water!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2008, 5:54 PM
You mean Juan Valdez? Did he have his donkey with him? :)

Pat....He said his donkey had died of old age and he was looking for a replacement. I sternly told him "Don't look at me Bub!":rolleyes:

Pat Germain
05-28-2008, 7:12 PM
Pat....He said his donkey had died of old age and he was looking for a replacement. I sternly told him "Don't look at me Bub!":rolleyes:

Considering your mood at the time, Juan's lucky that's all you did.