PDA

View Full Version : Color fill on Rowmark

Joe Pelonio
05-27-2008, 4:09 PM
Any suggestions for what to use for filling very tiny text, like 8 point Times
on Rowmark? The customer wants white name badges with black and green text and there's not much to work with for paint.

Nancy Laird
05-27-2008, 4:35 PM
Joe, have you tried acrylic paint? It comes in a myriad of colors.

Joe Pelonio
05-27-2008, 4:57 PM
That's what I did, and usually use, but it's just too tiny to stick inside the letters.

Craig Hogarth
05-27-2008, 5:09 PM
did you try thinning it down? I know some of the stuff used for airbrushing and modelling is pretty viscous.

Joe Pelonio
05-27-2008, 5:16 PM
I tried wiping on, squeegie off, then brush on let dry and scrape off, and finally thin, airbrush and wipe. None worked.

The best solution apparently is to do it in all one color, which they just agreed to.:D

If anyone comes up with something that does work let me know for future reference.

Jack Harper
05-27-2008, 5:18 PM
What about rub-n-buff?

Nancy Laird
05-27-2008, 6:05 PM
Joe, try using a toothbrush to push the paint into all of the little nooks and crannies, let it dry for a couple of minutes, then wipe with a damp cloth very lightly, so as not to pull the paint out of the engraved portion. Let it dry thoroughly (overnight is best), then wipe again with a cloth dampened with wax to remove any paint film that might be left. That's how we do name tags on wood, with no problems, but you MUST let the paint in the engraved portion dry thoroughly before you finalize the pieces.

Frank Defert
05-27-2008, 6:41 PM
Joe,

I recently did colour filling on Rowmark to create the required two colours for a softball team. I used Krylon Fusion for plastic with great success even in the really small areas of the logo. Did require multiple coats to achieve the right coverage and fill.

No affilliation just sharing a great product.

Frank

Mike Null
05-27-2008, 8:08 PM
Joe

I use the small bottles of acrylic craft paint from Michaels and apply it with a corner of a business card. Remove all excess by scraping the card over the material and finally wet one edge with some dna and clean up the rest.