PDA

View Full Version : Makita 4 mode hybrid driver

Prashun Patel
05-27-2008, 2:21 PM
Anybody ever try one of these badboys?
I think LOML'll leave me if I buy another drill. But come on, this one's worth it. I think it actually picks itself up out of the case, selects the right screw, drives it, and then makes you a sandwich.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/MK-P140/Makita-LXT-Cordless-4-Mode-Hybrid-Driver

Eric DeSilva
05-27-2008, 2:58 PM
Not that it sounds like you need encouragement... But, its a handy little bugger. I think I may have that one or maybe a prior version--I thought mine was just called a cordless impact driver. I got it in a purchase of a set of their 18V tools--think I ended up with that drill, a normal cordless drill, a cordless flashlight (never used), a cordless recip saw (used long enough to decide a corded recip saw is the way to go), a circ saw (never used) and a couple batteries.

Long story short, it languished in my bag for a long time, although I really liked their cordless drill. Then I pulled it out the other w/e when I was driving screws to hang joist hangers in pressure treated wood. I now *love* that thing... I was using McFeeley's square drives, and it was a great combination. That one is definitely in the keeper bin. Be careful you don't overdrive things...

Prashun Patel
05-27-2008, 3:04 PM
I have a cordless impact driver too. This tool switches between modes, though, so it can hammer drill, impact drive, drive regular, and drill.

Simon Dupay
05-27-2008, 5:20 PM
We have one at work, I'll go all the way across the shop to use it. get one.:D