PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want to Share Some Black Corian?

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 9:52 AM
Tom Dabney and I are discussing the possibility of purchasing a sheet of Dupont Nocturne (solid black) Corian. We are looking for at least a couple more people who are interested in sharing the sheet with us. Sheet size is 144" by 30" by 1/2" thick. Pieces purchased would be 30" wide and the length would be the number of people divided into 144 inches.

If we have four people the piece size will be 30" by 36" (minus the cut kerf) and the cost per person will be $95.00 each plus shipping.

Shipping costs will be added to cover the costs associated with packing and transportation, probably via UPS.

Anyone who wants their piece CNC cut into plaques can contact me off-line for information.

Post here in this thread if you are interested.

Ray Mighells
05-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I'd like to give this material a try, if the shipping isn't as much as the goods. If you have any problems filling this, I'll come in as 4th or 5th or such.

Pete Simmons
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Keith if you do not get enough takers let me know.

I might be good for a piece.

I would take it cut up enough to fit in a USPS Priority box.

Not sure on the size. Need to think a little about it.

Pete

Larry Bratton
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Ken:
I would like to participate. Let me know total cost. If 4 of us buy a sheet, then it would be 30" x 36"..right? UPS would handle that OK.

Kenneth Hertzog
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Keith
I'll take some if any is left
ken

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 1:16 PM
OK, its a done deal then.

Keith, Larry, Kenneth and Tom

The pieces will be 30" by 36" and they should be within the UPS weight restrictions.
I will price some cheap plywood, they will need to be sandwiched between ply to keep them from getting broken.

I should have a price by tomorrow morning.

If we can get another group I would be glad to order another sheet.

Ray Mighells
05-27-2008, 2:07 PM
That worked out nicely. Please keep me on tap for any time.

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 3:20 PM
Ray and Pete,

We might get more people in this deal so hang on. The price will go down if we order more Corian. I need to order some Glacier White to rebuild the columns on the front of my house so I will throw my order in on this one so the price should already be dropping :)

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 3:44 PM
The Price Dropped.

I just talked to my distributor and I was way off on the price of Nocturne. It is $380.00 per sheet which is a price group "C". (I just edited my first post to correct the price)

This drops the price of each 30" by 36" piece to $95.00 each plus shipping. There will be a discount as well but we won't know how much until I place the order.

Anyone else interested?

The current price for Pompei Red is $425.00 (price group "E") if there is anyone who wants to break up a sheet.

Scott Perry
05-27-2008, 4:20 PM
I'm interested in the white and black.

Larry Bratton
05-27-2008, 5:57 PM
The Price Dropped.

I just talked to my distributor and I was way off on the price of Nocturne. It is $380.00 per sheet which is a price group "C". (I just edited my first post to correct the price)

This drops the price of each 30" by 36" piece to $95.00 each plus shipping. There will be a discount as well but we won't know how much until I place the order.

Anyone else interested?

The current price for Pompei Red is $425.00 (price group "E") if there is anyone who wants to break up a sheet.

Keith:
PM me and tell me how to get the money to you.

Kenneth Hertzog
05-27-2008, 7:56 PM
Keith
thank you for taking the time to do this
If you want I can paypal you the money owed tomorrow
as soon as you have a cost.
unless you prefer a different method of payment.
ken

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 9:12 PM
I'm interested in the white and black.

Scott,

Glacier White is $260.00 per sheet ($65.00 per 30" by 36" piece plus shipping) not including the discount we will receive by purchasing several sheets. I will be ordering Glacier White and can share some of mine with you, how large a piece do you need?

Keith Outten
05-27-2008, 9:15 PM
Payment, once we get the total order confirmed and the final prices posted can be via PayPal or you can send a check via snail mail. I will post the details as soon as we have a final order.

For now anyone who wants to purchase pieces post here and let me know what color and what size pieces you need. It appears that the 30" by 36" sizes are working for most so try to stay with this size if it fits your project.

Pete Simmons
05-28-2008, 6:41 AM
Keith- I will pass on this order.

Keep me in mind someday when you need to fill out an order.

Pete

Ray Mighells
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Keith, I can take a black piece or 2 or a black and white 1 each, whatever it takes to balance the order. If you prefer payment other than PayPal, I can get a check out to you. I do have a PayPal account.

Kenneth Hertzog
05-29-2008, 9:00 AM
Keith
If you have and extra piece of black please put it with my order.
If not don't worry about it.
ken

Steve Hollar
05-29-2008, 9:18 AM
Keith,

If you still have room, I would take a piece each of Black and the Glacier White. The 30 x 36 works for me.

thanks,

Steve

Keith Outten
05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
OK Guys and Gals,

There is still time for anyone else to get in on this order. I am working out the details so I can get my part of the order ready to go...basically the number of sheets I need to make 14" diameter 8 sided columns. Jackie and i will make the final decision tonight and we will place the order on Monday. I will have the final prices for everthing including the discount tomorrow.

Scott Perry
05-29-2008, 7:52 PM
Keith, if you can spare a White sheet (30 x 36) - that will get me started. Also, I would like a Black sheet of the same size.

Kenneth Hertzog
06-04-2008, 9:26 AM
Keith
do you have a cost yet?
Or are you waiting to see what
it weights and cost to ship.
ken

Keith Outten
06-05-2008, 9:41 AM
Sorry for dropping the ball temporally, I was distracted by work :) I was also waiting for Jackie to make a decision concerning the Corian for our columns, she finally decided this morning.

I am working up the list today and will contact my distributor to get the final costs. I will have Jackie look into shipping costs and get back with everyone with the numbers.

Jackie Outten
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Please give me the size of the corian you wish to purchase and your zip code so I can get shipping charges.

Thanks.

Jackie

Ray Mighells
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
One or two pieces of black or one each white and black. Thanks for your efforts.

Larry Bratton
06-06-2008, 8:05 PM
Keith:
Did the order get placed yet? Final price etc?

Keith Outten
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Keith:
Did the order get placed yet? Final price etc?

Larry,

I am still waiting for everyone to send us their zip codes so we can calculate the shipping. Once we have them we will send PM's to everyone with their final costs including any discount we receive for a volume purchase.

When you receive a PM from us with your final price you will be given payment instructions. As soon as we receive everyone's payment I will place the order...I expect it will be a large order folks :)

Larry Bratton
06-09-2008, 7:46 PM
OK. I sent my zip to you via PM. Thanks again

Ed Carpenter
06-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Kieth, and others, I'm not sure if it is critical to be Corian or not, but we have some overstock Jet Black Meganite (100% acrylic) at http://www.solidsurface.com/sheets-meganite (http://www.solidsurface.com/sheets-meganite) . If you are interested in it, i'll see what I can do to get a discount on it. As usual, lots of different colors of partial sheet sizes too that may be of use to you at http://www.solidsurface.com/surplus. We've also been thinking about doing a standard discount for Sawmill Creek members and are curious to know if that would be of interest? -Ed

Ken Dolph
06-19-2008, 9:40 AM
We sell Corian for the home user and this would be $320 retail for the piece that he is offering. The shipping will not add much to the price. If you polish this stuff up, it will look just like black onyx. We sell a lot of this color for everything from speaker cabinets to automotive trim and jewelry.

It sounds like you will be helping Keith out with a project as well.