PDA

View Full Version : A gloat with reservations

Greg Just
05-26-2008, 9:52 PM
As you may have heard there were a couple of tornados in the Twin Cities area on Saturday and the town of Hugo was hit very badly. One 2 year old boy was killed and his parents and sister were badly injured.

I live in Blaine about 7 miles west of Hugo and the winds yesterday caused a lot of damage, mostly trees knocked down. I lost a 40 ft cherry which was about 14 inches in diameter at the base. My neighbor lost a large red oak. I was able to get quite a bit of wood. In the picture below, I have sealed about 1/2 of it. It's nice to get the wood, but not under these circumstances. The black circular thing in the middle top of the picture is a trampoline from the neigbors that got wrapped around a tree.

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Greg; good luck with the weather back there, stay safe...Bruce

Dick Strauss
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Greg,
I'm glad to hear that you and your family are fine! Sometimes something good (nice wood) does come from horrible situations even though you wish it back to the way it was...

Try to get your cherry sealed ASAP before it starts to crack.

Greg Just
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Greg,
I'm glad to hear that you and your family are fine! Sometimes something good (nice wood) does come from horrible situations even though you wish it back to the way it was...

Try to get your cherry sealed ASAP before it starts to crack.

It's all sealed now

Bernie Weishapl
05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Greg glad to hear you were ok. I hate hearing the deaths. Iowa got hit bad and down here in Kansas we had like 30 in the last 3 days but so far no one was killed. A buddy of mine up there had their home totally demolished but like he said he, the wife and kids are fine. He said they can replace a house but not a life.

Great gloat on the wood. Looks like that should keep you turning for awhile.

Steve Schlumpf
05-27-2008, 9:02 AM
Greg - glad you and your family are OK! Congrats on all of the wood! Storms can do some amazing damage in a very short amount of time. At least your turnings will generate something beautiful from all the destruction! Again... glad you are safe!