PDA

View Full Version : First Cutting Board

Lee Koepke
05-26-2008, 9:44 PM
Well, I just finished my first cutting board. It was a creation from my cherry sidetable and maple trim in the laundry room leftovers....

Dewey Torres
05-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Nice job... first one too!
Dewey

Pat Germain
05-27-2008, 2:15 PM
Good job, Leo. I would encourage you to now try some more complex cutting board designs. I learned a lot making cutting boards last Christmas.

John Thompson
05-27-2008, 3:21 PM
Ya done good, young-un... :)

Regards...

Sarge..

Clara Koss
05-27-2008, 5:39 PM
Well, I just finished my first cutting board. It was a creation from my cherry sidetable and maple trim in the laundry room leftovers....

i LIKE it!!!!

Lee Koepke
05-28-2008, 9:03 AM
Thanks.

I already have another design in mind for the next one. I wanted to get the first one out of the way !!!

One thing I have kinda learned ( from here as well ) is take things easy at first. Pick smaller simpler project to build skills. I have a bookcase coming up next, so I should have some more scraps for the next cutting board.

I appreciate the support!!!!

Jason Scott
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Nice, now slice that thing up and flip the strips end over end and rotate them to the endgrain up and it would get reaaaaallll fancy, nice job!

Lee Koepke
05-28-2008, 2:05 PM
Nice, now slice that thing up and flip the strips end over end and rotate them to the endgrain up and it would get reaaaaallll fancy, nice job!
no fair .... looking over my shoulder at my project sheet !!!

the next one will be a combo endgrain / long grain with legs. A fellow WWer told me about how he makes Checker/Chess boards, and I figured the same principal would apply to endgrain cutting boards. WAY simpler than gluing hundred tiny blocks together :D