PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite Pieces

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 9:35 PM
I finally got the camera bought and charged. Here's a few pic's from the new Cannon SD750, ran through Gimp to reduce the size. Any comments welcome. Thanks for looking. The first is a vase and a lidded box with bark inclusion. Both are about 9" tall, of course done in Mesquite, sanding sealer and Deft spray.

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 9:37 PM
The next is a winged bowl and a small bowl.

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 9:39 PM
Lastly a winged candle holder. We (my tree guy and I) think the small bowl and candle holder are ironwood. Very tough on the tools, lots of sharpening.

Steve Schlumpf
05-26-2008, 9:40 PM
Bruce - nice work on all the pieces! I really like the winged bowl - I think because they are just a little out of the ordinary when it comes to form! Have fun with your new camera - we expect to see lots more photos!

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 9:48 PM
Thanks Steve sure wish I still lived in Michigan, I would love to have you show me some techniques....but the weather is just to nice out here. Maybe you might want to take a vacation next winter and get warm....Thanks for the comments, love your work...Bruce
PS I'm sure having lots of fun learning how to use the new PM3520, just decided to try my first HF, pine about 15" need to order a new hollowing tool, can only go 7" deep with what I have now.

Bernie Weishapl
05-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Bruce they are all beauties. I especially like the winged bowl. Looks like the 3520B is serving you well.

Bruce Pennell
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks Bernie, really glad I upgraded to the PM. Now in a year or two I'll learn how to use it. Love working the mesquite. Still have not been able to get any instruction, other than DVD's, the club I belong too is going to start a 3 month (only one meeting a month) hands on mentoring program through the summer. Hope to learn a lot more. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get close to you or Steve, well just about everyone on the Creek. Thanks for the kind comments...Bruce