PDA

View Full Version : laser website tool

Doug Griffith
05-26-2008, 9:22 PM
I'm curious if this would be a product worth developing. I've done it before but not for the laser industry.

A service that allows customers to upload their art (EPS, PDF, JPEG, TIFF but not CDR) and visualize it on a product prior to placing the order. The image could be scaled, rotated, fliped etc...

The products would be photos provided by the website owner through an administrative backend.

It would work like this:
The website visitor:
1) clicks a link on the website that silently redirects to another server to do the processing.
2) selects the product they would like engraved.
3) uploads their image.
4) manipulates the image over the product.
5) when saved, the original image is FTPd or emailed to the originating server with low res placement image and all neccessary steps as a text file.
6) the customer is silently sent back to originating website.

A small fee could be charged per use. The image manipulation tool could be customized with headers, footers, colors, etc... to keep it distinct and looking like the originating website.

Your thoughts?

Kevin Warren
05-27-2008, 9:32 AM
Doug: This type of service is available through the ASI. They offer a service that shows a customers art on the product of their choice. Regards: Kevin Warren

Doug Griffith
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks Kevin. Do you have a URL for that? I'm curious if it is geared towards the laser industry.