PDA

View Full Version : Uses for 98" Bessey K-body?

Jesse Espe
05-26-2008, 3:39 PM
For those of you who own these, how often do you use them? I bought a couple when they were relatively cheap from Amazon, and I've used them twice. It seems to me that when Bessey came out with the extended brackets, it would have all but killed the market for clamps that long.

Thoughts?

Joe Jensen
05-26-2008, 4:15 PM
I wish I had some. All of my Besseys are at least 10 years old, and none can be used with the extenders. I guess I could buy more new long ones. I hate bringing out the pipe clamps for long projects...joe

Rick Levine
05-26-2008, 4:44 PM
When I built my shop last year I bought four of them to build the sliding barn door. They were on sale at the time (before the extenders were available) and they really came in handy. I haven't used them since but I have them now, at a great price and who knows, I might find another use for them in the future. I guess I could always cut them down for shorter clamps;). Here is how I used them:

sascha gast
05-26-2008, 4:47 PM
I bought 4 of them when they were on sale at Amazon and I gotta say that I did buy them for a project, but now that I have them, I am using them actually more than I thought.
they were cheaper than the 72" clamps then, so I thought what they heck. glad I did.

storing them is a challenge, but I found a spot and it works great.

I am using them right now on a 6ft tall humidor cabinet I am building. 4 of them was plenty

David DeCristoforo
05-26-2008, 5:06 PM
If I could get one free clamp for every time I have needed an eight foot (or longer) clamp, I might finally have enough clamps.

Rick Levine
05-26-2008, 5:25 PM
This is how I store mine. Fortunately I have enough wall space.