PDA

View Full Version : Vector cutting with an Epilog Mini 24 45W

Carrol Fleming
05-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I am a newbie living in Zambia where I am probably the only person in the entire country with a laser engraver and no convenient help line to phone in times of confusion and frustration. I think I am going to have to make this forum my home page.

My big problem is cutting with the vector - I can't! I have tried Photoshop, I have tried CoralDraw 7 with a hairline line, I have tried OpenOffice Draw (found that suggestion somewhere on the net), I have used different colours and made sure the colours match with the colour mapping, I even downloaded the Trotec puzzle and all I get is Done - please, what silly little thing am I missing? I have an Epilog Mini 24 45w.

Thanks
Carrol :confused:

Mike Null
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Carroll

I don't have an Epilog but sometimes a simple thing like checking your driver settings to be sure they are set to vector can be the problem. Line thicknesses should be set to "hairline" and you should be sure the color of the line matches the color you've set the driver to vector.

On all my machines, from the beginning, I've used red as my cut color.

Welcome to SMC. We have several members who are experts with Epilog and I'm sure they'll be along to help out as well.

Carrol Fleming
05-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi Mike

Many thanks for your reply.

I have used Hairline, I have tried red, made sure the red was 255 as per the colour mapping, I have set the properties to both vector and to combined ...... I now feel that there must be some big switch somewhere that says "vector cutting on switch click here!!"

I am now very frustrated.
Carrol

Doug Griffith
05-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Carrol,
I have your same machine. things to check:
1) Set the thickness of line to a hairline or .001". The color is irrelevant unless you are using color mapping.
2) Try setting to vector only in the print driver.
3) Disable color mapping.
3) It could be your version of Corel Draw.

There is a vector only driver that you can download from the Epilog website.

Good luck.

Kenneth Hertzog
05-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Carrol

I just walked in from vector cutting with a mini 24 ( 35w )
I do vector cutting with a cad program ( any of your choice )
1. download the vector program from Epilog.
2. make sure you save your file as DXF
3. make sure you chose 1 to 1 ratio
4. make sure the settings are right for vector cutting

as noted above make sure you are hairline or it will cut lots of times.

that should do it and hope that helps
ken

Rags Alan Ragland
05-26-2008, 1:04 PM
Carol
I have done this many times myself. The dreaded "done". Make sure the page size you use in Corel matches the size you have listed on your print driver. Simple but it cured my problem with Epilog.
Hope this helps.
Rags

Epilog EXT36 76W, Rayzist Sand blaster Cabinet, Corel X3

Carrol Fleming
05-26-2008, 1:51 PM
Success!!!!!
I found a trial version of CoralDraw X3 and it works! Thank you everyonefor all your help.

Carrol