PDA

View Full Version : Trimaster Gloat

Mike Heidrick
05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Just wanted to gloat for a second. I bought a couple of the cheap Trimasters from Greg on the other forum. They arrived on Friday. Opened them up and checked them out real quick. Just a hint of surface rust on the one blade (should come right off) and the other is rustfree perfect. These came at a length of about 15' 6" so I packed them right back up and put them back onto a UPS truck destined for a cut and reweld job to 14'3" or 171" which is the size I need for the MM20. They arrive at the Lenox dealer for reweld on Tuesday. Pretty awesome blades for the money I think (less than half price even after paying to have rewelded). Here are a couple pics for the no pic didn't happen police.

Doug Shepard
05-26-2008, 7:36 AM
Cool. Been meaning to check what length I need on my MM16 to see if his blades would fit. But I hadn't thought about the cut/reweld option. How much does Lenox charge for that? I'm a long away from needing to replace mine, but at that price it may be worth stocking up on a couple.

Mike Heidrick
05-26-2008, 3:10 PM
It cost me $7.50 ea to have them cut and re-welded plus shipping both ways ($12.00 to them so far). This is to a certified Lenox rewelder. May be cheaper at other places. I called Lenox and they got me in touch with the shop that is doing the work.

Toney Robertson
05-26-2008, 8:13 PM
Mike,

I bought two blades from Gregg too. Glad to here that you got them and there were no problems.

I just hope they fit. I cranked my BS all the way down and 15' 6" will JUST fit so I hope they are not 15' 5 1/2" or I might be in trouble.

Toney

Mike Heidrick
05-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Toney, I did not measure them as I know they were too big either way for my saw. I sure hope they fit for you. If not, I will buy them from you for $50 :) J/K