PDA

View Full Version : Recent project *PICS*

Mark Stutz
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Since there has been an increasing plea for pictures, I thought I'd throw these out for viewing. Plans came from WOOD magazine last Fall. LOML was looking over my shoulder as I was reading and thought this would be a nice addition to the kitchen! Since I had a short and wide piece of maple just waiting for the right project, here is the result.

This was my first project from published plans, and my first working with angled pieces. If I ever make more for the other women in my life...no. not what you are thinking :p . my mother, sister, sister-in-law :D I will make some modifications, and some jigs for glue up.

Accents, dowels are walnut, and the rest is maple. Finish is Armorseal.

Alan Tolchinsky
04-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I should make one of these for my wife so she doesn't have to hold her books open with a can. Alan

Jim Becker
04-10-2004, 8:55 AM
Mark, nice wood selection on this piece. Centering that figure feature really sets it off! Great job.

Tyler Howell
04-10-2004, 8:58 AM
I should make one of these for my wife so she doesn't have to hold her books open with a can. Alan

Alan LMAO!

Mark, Too nice. Love the contrast of woods.

Jason Tuinstra
04-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Mark, nice job. The maple looks great. Funny though, I was just looking at the same issue and was tapped for the pizza peel. Pretty popular issue among the ladies I guess.