PDA

View Full Version : Ash, spackle, and spraypaint bowl

Curt Fuller
05-25-2008, 8:44 PM
I turned this bowl from a piece of Ash crotchwood that I found when I was cleaning out my yard shed. But it was full of cracks and the inside looked pretty bad but the outside looked real bad. So I rubbed the outside with some spackle to fill the cracks and then sprayed it with some Krylon gloss black paint. It doesn't look to bad if you don't look too close. It's 11" x 4".

Bernie Weishapl
05-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Looks pretty good to me Curt. I had thought about the one or two I have turned with cracks to spray paint it with that crackle paint.

Art kraft
05-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice work, I like the black paint. It really set up the ash on the inside. Have you ever tried black lacquer? I haven't but would like to.

Keith Burns
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice piece Curt. Like the form and rim.

Steve Schlumpf
05-26-2008, 11:28 AM
That's a good looking bowl Curt! Like the contrast between inside and outside! Nice bowl and I also like your style of rim! Nice save!

Jim Becker
05-26-2008, 2:37 PM
I think you made good choices with that one, Curt. Very nice!

Glenn Hodges
05-26-2008, 8:03 PM
Curt, I am looking as close as you will allow me and I really like what I see.

Clara Koss
05-26-2008, 9:01 PM
I turned this bowl from a piece of Ash crotchwood that I found when I was cleaning out my yard shed. But it was full of cracks and the inside looked pretty bad but the outside looked real bad. So I rubbed the outside with some spackle to fill the cracks and then sprayed it with some Krylon gloss black paint. It doesn't look to bad if you don't look too close. It's 11" x 4".

get out the popcorn!!!!! great bowl....love the color contrast...